Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm sure you're onto all this but for my own satisfaction I had another look in Hoole's book. The photo of unrebuilt No. 1753, taken before 1894, shows straight brake hangers with skinny brake blocks and pull rods behind the wheels. The photo of rebuilt No. 979 (in Wilson Worsdell's version of the green livery, so at latest not too far into the 20the century) has what appear to be the same hangers and blocks but outside pull rods.

There's a photo of 979 (NERA archive) that I'm working from, it's painted black and it has slightly joggled brake rods.

The original saddle tanks have just about every conceivable variation in brakes... 

• Informative/Useful 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice looking vehicle though. I know what you mean about the solidity of that kind of multi-part outside frame construction: I made a Jidenco/Falcon GNR Fish van, including cutting lots of brass bar to length, with multiple overlays and so forth and while some aspects of the kit were a little awkward (I know I'm not alone in thinking that!) you certainly couldn't knock the solidity of those walls!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 5 weeks later...