CSX Palmetto Spur

Alcanman

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Looks like Alcanwoman will be have to be official videographer for Palmetto.;)

Now I'm off to the Metro Centre, when I'd rather be at TVNAM ! :(

Well, at least there's Modelzone for consolation. :rolleyes:

regards,

Mal

Hi,

Well it may have been Summer Solstice yesterday but it's probably the worst time of the year for taking pics of Palmetto.:angry:

The sun simply sails over the roof of the house without bothering to peek in and provide lots of light needed for those bright Florida skies.

Low winter sun seems to provide the best photo opportunities as Palmetto is bathed in warm Florida sun.

Despite the lack of bright natural light, I just had to take some pics as I've bought a new camera.

Also, I was looking at my screensaver pic and noticed that my GP40-2 had a couple of small holes above the cab windows for fixing

sunshades. I'd completely overlooked them!

post-7898-0-63790400-1308735864_thumb.jpg

So now with Sunshades attached, and sunny Florida skies here's a couple of pic of #6351 switching reefers at the food processor.:locomotive:

post-7898-0-64747700-1308736139_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-67617100-1308736179_thumb.jpg

Mal

• 4 weeks later...

Mal

possibly daft question, but as someone who has done it, can you tell me how do you join Wills corrugated sheets end to end. The "bar" that is provided is much wider than the corrugationson the sheets - or is that prototypical?

Phil

Hi Phil,

The sections were simply butted to each other and glued. IIRC I glued the 'bar' to the back of the sections to strengthen the joint.

Here is a pic of the blue 'Wills' warehouse, you can see the join immediately to left of the freight door.

But, Hey, I'm showing up the flaws in my modelling skills!

post-7898-0-98604400-1310806717_thumb.jpg

regards,

Mal

• 3 years later...

I'm excited by this, Mal. I've fancied an American switching layout for years. I've got one *loco, four box-cars, a couple of very large hoppers (all this stuff is put away and I haven't looked at it for years, and some other bits 'n pieces). And the other day at my local model-shop where I'm a good customer, the gaffer gave me four Wren point-levers he'd come across in buy he'd made. (He does a load of dead persons stuff, sadly). They're brilliant and cost a tenner each on ebay.

*The loco looks rather like your profile machine and it's a faultless runner.

Happy thoughts,

Hal

• 3 years later...

Archived