Farish images from the Model and Hobby show

Andy Y

Pre-production samples of the newly announced A1 were on show with rivetted and welded tenders.

A1s.jpg

The middle model is shown with the close fitted tender coupling and the bottom model shown with the scale bogie wheels which are suitable for display usage or curves over 18" radius.

Class 60 and 31 reliveries:

N60.jpg

And I have to say the fine detail on the Presflo is very good.

NPresflo.jpg

SPA

SPA.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if the A1's will keep the screws holding the motion on that have been used on the preproduction models? The presflows do look very nice.

The A1 looks superb! Sadly puts the other ER Pacifics in Farish range to shame - no doubt they'll be prodcued in time though!

shame they will only do 18" curves!

Isn't that quite a small radius any way though?

Wow, the A1 looks good already, the bottom one looks great with the front detailing and scale bogies, shame they will only do 18" curves!

Is that 18" or over 18". Because I've got exactly 18" as minimum radius. At least in theory... [How confident am I in my track laying skills? Not very...]

And I'm going to have to get some Presflos, I can see...

The A1 looks superb! Sadly puts the other ER Pacifics in Farish range to shame - no doubt they'll be prodcued in time though!

Isn't that quite a small radius any way though?

Not in N gauge, no. Or at least it wasn't up to now...

9" is small in N. 12" is what a lot of stuff needed before this.

• RMweb Gold

The Basic Kato Unitrack set comes with 12" Radius curves, and these are roughly equivalent to 3rd Radius Peco curves, so it's greater than anything in the Setrack range. You'd need a board over 3ft wide to accommodate an 18" Radius curve.

Tom.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I'm not a steam era modeller but that Tornado will be lovely.

I am not too concerned about the 18" minimum radius with the scale wheels; the Jubilee is only supposed to manage 15" curves with the larger wheels fitted, but seems to manage 12" easily. Certainly worth experimenting when it arrives.

cheers

Ben A.

Looks too like Farish are going to try something Dapol did with the Q1 that few noticed - including lamps to fit to the front end...

Model looks superb and well advanced. I wonder how the tender close coupling will work - a replacement drawbar or something more sophisticated?

Looking forward to this hitting the shops!

Cheers,

Alan

When I eined to my wife that Farish were doing the A1, she said what? When I said - 'Tornado', she said well we will have to get one of those then!!!

Roll on the A1, looks stunning by the way, one of the best looking N steam locomotives I have seen.

Simon

Just out of interest, is there any sniff of Bachmann offering dcc fitted n gauge stock yet ?

And (based on my 150) they've made provision for dcc sound too. I suppose that THAT definitely hasn't filtered down to factory fitment yet !

I've mentioned in the Bachmann 4mm thread that many of these new N releases are oo "hand me downs", so why no hardware improvement based on oo offerings ?

I'll get my coat.......

• RMweb Premium

Just out of interest, is there any sniff of Bachmann offering dcc fitted n gauge stock yet ?

In fact they are Dave, they have announced a digital train set with a dcc fitted 24 and 2 new mk1's, cat number 370-060.

The website says rrp £149.99.

The 24 rrp is £91.40, and two mk1's at rrp would be £39.40, which is £130.80 in total so that's another £19.19 for the track, dcc chip and dcc controller which seems very fair to me, ok it's their original basic dcc controller but I think it is a good first step to get people into n gauge dcc (if thats what you want to do!) and at a very reasonable price, especially as I expect they will be available around the £120 Mark from certain retailers.

Cheers Richard

Wow the A1's look excellent, I will put my hand up for a couple of those. Very promising year ahead for the N gauge fans. The wagons are just superb the detail very impressive.

What is that DMU behind the A1 tender? Anyone know when the new n gauge couplings will be released by Bachmann?

Excellent news.

Martin

Archived