BRM April 2011

Dicky W

Hello

Been a busy February - didn't realise it was so close to publication day!

Here's what's in the April issue:

post-1481-0-03699700-1299690337_thumb.jpg

Forgot to mention, there's also a 16 page Garden Railway supplement and a Hattons catalogue.

Guest LNER Tom

Cheers Richard

Looks very interesting...especially the L1s there. First issue I wont be buying from the newsagents too, as I now now order on subscription which I set up at Doncaster in February. According to the lady it would start with the April issue :)

Cheers Richard

Looks very interesting...especially the L1s there. First issue I wont be buying from the newsagents too, as I now now order on subscription which I set up at Doncaster in February. According to the lady it would start with the April issue :)

Let's hope so - our subscriptions department have been in overdrive recently - do keep me posted!

Will do Richard.

Is there a time period I should wait before contacting yourself?

Tom

Don't worry if you see it for sale in the newsagents before you receive your subs copy - I never get mine (on subscription) 'til at least two days after I've seen it on the shelves.

Rather defeats the object methinks ?

Editted for 'carp' spelling :)

Let's hope so - our subscriptions department have been in overdrive recently - do keep me posted!

Mine - a new subscription from Doncaster - arrived yesterday. Looks good.

The toolkit - part of the subscription package, not in stock at Doncaster - arrived late last week.

• RMweb Premium

I picked up a copy at the Bluebell railway this afternoon. I would have liked to see more detail about making your own Trabsfers. How to guage the correct sixe etc when using Excel.

Got my copy from WH Smiths yesterday. Just wanted to say that anyone getting ready to lay n gauge track should read the article

Well, apart from that if your going to switch power to the frog there is no real need to cut the blades and bond them to the stock rails. The flangeways on Peco points are so large in N gauge that there is no chance of a wheel causing a short (unless the back to back is significantly out; in which case it probably wouldn't run). I've certainly never cut and bonded blades and I've never had a problem.

But the April mag is certainly a gocd issue for N gauge enthusiasts with plenty of coverage.

G.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Shrewsbury station building. What a superb piece of architectural modelling. I want to see more of this one. On the whole, the mag. is a good read this month.

My understanding is that Ray will be taking a board or 2 to the Scalefour Society AGM at Leighton Buzzard in June. Mind you the photos in BRM were taken about 2 years ago, the photos of Kiln Road which appeared in an earlier BRM edition were also taken by Tony Wright on the same day.

Archived