Lime Street Station

Les Green

• RMweb Gold

Dave,

The pillars are now all fixed in place.

What you are looking at is one of the (un-signalled) sidings.

Steve.

This photo was posted on Page 1 of this topic, and shows clearly the close proximity of the pillars to the platform edge.

post-8613-0-59968900-1306598507_thumb.jpg

Steve.

• Like 3

Steve,

Thanks for the clarification. I've been to Lime Street a few times in the past, but hadn't realised there is the arrangement you describe - an unused platform face forming a siding.

Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't some sort of oversight or error in measurement - although I'm sure everything has been checked meticulously before cutting material!

Dave.

Les,

That's fan-bloody-tastic!

I can't wait to see it on Thursday?

Steve.

Probably won't be ready on Thursday, maybe next week. The concourse end needs to be aligned with the front end before I part with them.

Les

After living in a cave for several weeks, I've a bit of catching up to do, so to save me trawling back several pages, is that the Peco station roof in the above photo?

Keep up the good work chaps!!

Jonte

After living in a cave for several weeks, I've a bit of catching up to do, so to save me trawling back several pages, is that the Peco station roof in the above photo?

Keep up the good work chaps!!

Jonte

Whatever its origins, I could do with a few for the garden over the winter.... :mosking:

Seriously, that is a fantastic model - well done!

• RMweb Gold

Probably won't be ready on Thursday, maybe next week. The concourse end needs to be aligned with the front end before I part with them.

Les

Les,

If its at all possible, please bring them with you, even if you have to take them home again.

Steve.

What a shame The Beatles were too modern for the era being modelled. Some 4mm.ft scale band members might have made a nice cameo.....

Or may be Liverpool Football Club on their return from Wembley after winning the FA Cup. Any offers to paint a few figures?

post-8613-0-26806000-1318321367.jpg

• Like 3

A very wet morning here and not a good day for a bike ride. However I went with another four riders from our group to the Barn Cafe at Scorton for the regulation coffee and cake. The bike was decidedly dirty on my return home and needed a good hose down. What better time to hose down the station roof to get rid of all the flux, dust, swarf etc. (and it wouldn't fit in the dishwasher, my usual brass/nickel silver washer!)

post-8613-0-87015000-1318343729.jpg

• Like 6

Dried off now and on to the concourse end of the roof. The starting point is this building jig. It holds each truss in its correct position and vertical.

post-8613-0-07488700-1318344001.jpg

and with the trusses clamped in position and held in with a cable tie.

post-8613-0-20676100-1318344010.jpg

And that is it for progress on this section. All other stages were covered earlier in this thread so i won't repeat myself. I will, however, report on any new progress that differs from what has aleady covered.

• Like 7

What better time to hose down the station roof to get rid of all the flux, dust, swarf etc.

Any model big enough to be hosed down must be worthy of congratulations! Thanks for sharing the news and photos with us, and please keep the updates coming :)

Cheers,

Will