Lime Street Station

Les Green

I stand my original post, the flag was incorrect, the rule is :-  Flat Against a Surface Union Flag - If hung horizontally or vertically, the broad white diagonal should be uppermost in the top-left corner.

I had noticed the flag at the front of the building but thought to comment on that would be nit picking !!  A large Union Jack on the front of a layout exhibited abroad is a different matter.

But otherwise a very interesting layout, I've seen it a couple of times. Incidentally I was not at Eurospoor this year, I saw the layout and the flag on You Tube coverage.

Regards

It looks like the flag was correct. It was just hung incorrectly!

A spot of maintenance......

Between our return from Utrecht, and taking the layout to Doncaster in February, a number of developments, repairs and maintenance tasks have to be completed.

The nature of the layout makes access to some areas very difficult if not impossible when the whole thing is assembled.

An item which benefits from better access with only the "spine" boards erected is the signal gantry at the end of Platforms 2 to 5.

I took advantage of the situation on Friday to check, lubricate and adjust all twelve signals.

John also took advantage of the available access to take these two shots of the gantry:

Steve.

Hope you have got the signals the right way up!!!

Edited by Les Green

Just checking back in on progress and... wow.

As much as anything I'm in awe of the work ethic and focus to produce something on this scale.

Please excuse me if this is telling you something you already know but have you checked the aerial photographs held on https://britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EAW042534

EAW042534.jpg

This image is from 1952 and there is a higher resolution image available for purchase which may reveal details of the surrounding rooftops if nothing else.

Hope this helps

Keep on doing what you are doing.

• Like 3

Just checking back in on progress and... wow.

As much as anything I'm in awe of the work ethic and focus to produce something on this scale.

Please excuse me if this is telling you something you already know but have you checked the aerial photographs held on https://britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EAW042534

EAW042534.jpg

This image is from 1952 and there is a higher resolution image available for purchase which may reveal details of the surrounding rooftops if nothing else.

Hope this helps

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Not seen that photo before. I have ordered a high definition version!

Thanks

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

That's a very impressive gantry. Would you mind telling me which peg reads to which road? I have two theories in my head.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Paired arms for each platform, one to Up Slow, one to Up Fast and the small arm to the neck

• Like 2

No fair using actual photographs taken at the station several decades ago.   :nono:

Seriously . .. . fantastic modelling indeed.  Each part of that scene - structure, locomotive, coaches, platform, track, figures (heck even the weathering on the vehicle tires!) etc etc - are masterpieces in their own right . .  added up? WOW!   :)

• RMweb Gold

6115 Scots Guardsman brings its first train into Liverpool Lime Street. A bit of running in and fault finding will soon find it on regular trains.

attachicon.gifIMG_2878.jpg

Just one little niggle, please have another go at those numbers, otherwise brilliant.

6115 Scots Guardsman brings its first train into Liverpool Lime Street. A bit of running in and fault finding will soon find it on regular trains.

attachicon.gifIMG_2878.jpg

I'm genuinely curious as to what coaches those are?  Didn't all the pre-grouping Pullmans stay in Scotland?  if not, it would be great to know where else they ran if only to give a bit of variation in my own layout colours 

I'm genuinely curious as to what coaches those are?  Didn't all the pre-grouping Pullmans stay in Scotland?  if not, it would be great to know where else they ran if only to give a bit of variation in my own layout colours 

They are LNER Gresley teak coaches. They came into Liverpool Lime Street on the service from Newcastle.