GW 1950'2 /1960's Images

Guest baldrick25

• RMweb Premium

Some nice photos there. Some of the captions appear to refer to images other than the ones that they are next to and some of the images are distorted.

Guest baldrick25

Some nice photos there. Some of the captions appear to refer to images other than the ones that they are next to and some of the images are distorted.

I would agree with the incorrect captioning, and it appears that the site HTML has been set not to maintain the aspect ratio of the original image, but maintain a constant screen width through most of the images. Right-clicking and 'save as' gives a correctly aspect ratioed image when viewed in something like Gimp , Paintshop Pro etc.. Lots of very nice detail in some of the shots though.

Very rare pictures of slip coach operation are here , on one of the linked pages:-SlipCoach

• RMweb Premium

I've visited before when various searches have led me to it; an excellent site IMHO. The page "Railways5" has a portrait of 2 Hawksworth coaches in chocolate/cream, cascaded from the WR Royal Train to regular service. One is W7377W.

Pete

Archived