Kernow Adams O2

I hope so, they are dispatching in date order, they are still busy with other orders and the previous delivery of o2's, I am trying not to ask them as I prefer to let them get on with it but with a house sale possible soon, it's weighing on my mind slightly.

Edit:
Hmm worrying mine was ordered 04/09/10 and not heard a word.... wondered what happened to date order.

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway

I received my Calbourne yesterday - not to rub anyone up the wrong way I only ordered it this year, but I recently ordered a Cock of North TTS sound and some other items on next day delivery and was really pleased to receive all the items together with Calbourne in a well packed box.

Great service running in on the rolling road now

• RMweb Premium

I hope so, they are dispatching in date order, they are still busy with other orders and the previous delivery of o2's, I am trying not to ask them as I prefer to let them get on with it but with a house sale possible soon, it's weighing on my mind slightly.

Edit:

Hmm worrying mine was ordered 04/09/10 and not heard a word.... wondered what happened to date order.

As noted several times on this topic, if you ordered it that long ago it will probably have gone to the back of the queue pending updating your credit card details.

As noted several times on this topic, if you ordered it that long ago it will probably have gone to the back of the queue pending updating your credit card details.

I know that's why I was sensible and called them up a month ago changed card and address as I have moved ;) haha, but yep was all done checked out... so not that, and my order still exists before anyone says it hehe.

• RMweb Premium

I know that's why I was sensible and called them up a month ago changed card and address as I have moved ;) haha, but yep was all done checked out... so not that, and my order still exists before anyone says it hehe.

Matt, that's why it will be at the back of the queue. All the orders where details are unchanged will be processed first as I understand it.

Matt, that's why it will be at the back of the queue. All the orders where details are unchanged will be processed first as I understand it.

That's a bit backwards if i'm honest, if they are unchanged they will probably out of date, either way I have emailed Kernow now as I'm away next week so won't be here to receive it.

• RMweb Premium

It's been said before but in case anyone missed it .....

Kernow processes all orders strictly in the date and time they were received BUT if the card which you used to place the order has since expired then when your number comes up and the card is no longer valid your order will go into the second sweep. This allows the greatest number of orders to be mailed out in the shortest possible time without having to stop and email customers at frequent intervals.  All those who ordered will receive provided they can also supply up-to-date card details.  Kernow has posted (via their newsletter and indirectly through this site) that they prefer to receive details electronically rather than tie up staff time on phone calls.  One call probably equals one O2 not packed .....

Also they have several concurrent batches of O2s to send meaning the earlier ones might be worked through first or alongside Calbourne rather than giving the latest arrival priority.  Knowing the size of the premises and how much storage there isn't I haven doubt that the team will be working flat out to clear the orders.  Bear in mind too that some of their quite small number will be away at a small event called Warley very soon.  That and the Christmas mail rush is almost upon us and they'd probably want as many as possible to go out before that hits with a vengeance.

"Calbourne" looks as stunning as the mainland ones.  My IoW one is in the next batch so I'll get it when it arrives.  

• Like 4

I held off ordering W24 until seeing the CADs (and seeing the quality of the BTWs in the flesh), so ordered late 2012. I had a dispatch email earlier this week. I had phoned to update my credit card details a few weeks back. Don't know where this leave the date-order processing, nor the hypothesis of the impact of updating expired cards on dispatch priorities. This probably makes things less clearer. Not sure if my model has arrived yet...

EDIT: just arrived back in UK to find a small neat cardboard carton with a KMRC sender address on it - W24 has arrived. Pics over the weekend I hope. :-)

Edited by G-BOAF

I was one of those who's card had expired. A quick phone call and am explanation that I won't be able to pay them till payday next week has seen a second one ordered. They've taken my card details so I've gotta wait two weeks. Have to say fantastic service thank you Kernow. Good thing is I can hide it from the boss and say not to open anything as it might contain her Christmas present.

Big james

Continuing with building up of weathering effects, here are some more progress photos, taken on the layout near Newton Broadway station.

I 'doctored' two of the photos to resemble older images in black and white and sepia tones. They then give me some comparisons with the photos I am working from in various publications.

The present effect was gained mostly with a lot of grey (Humbrol #66) washed and dry-brushed over most of the areas below the footplate, plus the running board top surfaces and smokebox.

O2%20Part%20Weathered%20at%20Newton%20Br

And the black and white versions of two of these:

And the sepia tones. I think these look particularly effective, myself.

As before, this is still a work in progress, but I am happy with the way it is going, at present.

(This post also duplicates a part of my workbench blog. Apologies if you think you are seeing things twice ... you are! :D  )

• Like 6

Does anyone know where 30192 ran in its last days before withdrawal in Summer 1961?

I have found a photo of this one after withdrawal at Eastleigh with the late crest and no tank strengthening

According to this: http://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&id=304402016&type=S&loco=30192 (Other sources available, I'm sure), 30192 was allocated to 72D Plymouth Fiary from 27/03/1953 up to Withdrawal in August 1961

Regards,

Matt

Edited by TheSoutherner

I don't remember seeing an O2 in mainland service though I very probably did. I do recall that most of the smaller engines I saw in service has chains or nothing across the doorway. It's also too long ago now for me to recall whether the IoW ones had doors, chains or nothing though I spent many days watching them amble up and down Ryde Pier (and occasionally elsewhere on the Island) in my youth.

I don't know about the mainland examples but the IOW O2s apparently had cab doors fitted in the early 30s, around the same time that the bunkers were extended. Edited by RichardLong

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same situation as you. Ordered Calbourne four years ago, not heard anything yet and my order is still showing as 'pending'. Guess we just need to be patient and trust that it'll turn up eventually.

I've waited this long, I really don't mind if it takes another couple of weeks :)