Kernow Adams O2

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to give it a couple of months before I order mine. Two reasons really. Firstly to give them time to process all the pre-orders. Secondly, I might see sense by then and not get them at all. Trouble there is that I have for many years fancied building Ventnor station. For this I blame my Father suggesting it to me back in 1963, while sitting up on St Boniface Down, looking down on it. I have some baseboards stashed away that would do the job, but will they fit in my present car. This may be the clincher.

Buy a bigger car. :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just an idle doodling really.....but what a gorgeous little beast is this ! Performs well with a couple of my Maunsell BCK's in either direction. One thing that stands out for me is the fine lining,BR emblem and numbering etc.

I think that in the not-too-distant future,I shall be indulging in a green SR version.Looks rather stylish...

The new orders go straight through the automatic system and print off labels. The older pre orders have to be done manually so take longer. They explained that with the first ones when I asked as mine was a telephone pre order so I was concerned it had got lost when people started to post pics ;)

I, and I am sure many others, were not aware that is the way, so thanks for sharing that.

More than happy waiting for mine - they look grand.

• RMweb Gold

Stubby47 and I were in the shop on Friday, and it was the proprietor who served me, running about to find the O2 (my second) and an E4 in LBSC livery. Then I needed decoders. All this time his handful of chaps and chapesses were head down and going for it, fulfilling orders. It appeared that even climbing the stairs might be a bit of a challenge, with the most recent delivery in boxes on all sides.

The best is being done from what we saw.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Stubby47 and I were in the shop on Friday, and it was the proprietor who served me, running about to find the O2 (my second) and an E4 in LBSC livery. Then I needed decoders. All this time his handful of chaps and chapesses were head down and going for it, fulfilling orders. It appeared that even climbing the stairs might be a bit of a challenge, with the most recent delivery in boxe

s on all sides.

The best is being done from what we saw.

So it's a your fault that many orders got delayed then!!

Having waited with much stoicism for these particular locos for nearly 5 years, I can (just) manage a little more patience. The real trial will be waiting for the follow-on Adams and Drummond locos. I shall have to start campaigning on behalf of the T1 and K10.

PB

I still don't get it, if pre-orders are processed manually, how come pre-orders from 2013/2014 are being processed before 2011 & 2012 pre-orders?  When I rang earlier this year to update DD card they located my order within seconds!  

When I ordered loads of stuff 2 years ago October 2013, it never arrived until end of Jan 2014!  Not an issue really, however things seem at odds at the moment.

Edited by Guest

• RMweb Gold

Having done some basic running-in on my rolling road, 30193 got her first outing on a layout this morning (Bournemouth Central). Track is Streamline, minimum radius 3ft and (officially) no  gradients.

Three or four laps running light then with a 3-coach train (1 Lima Mk.1 and a pair of Hornby Maunsells).  She walked these so after another couple of circuits, I added three more; 2 further Maunsells and a Bachmann Bulleid. No trace of slipping anywhere and she ran well at all speeds with the six in either direction.

I ran out of time before I could increase the load further but, given the ease with which this little loco handles six, I don't think a couple more would bother her under these conditions. I'm very impressed.

John   

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

I ordered Calbourne and Ventnor about four years ago and this evening the shop phoned me (I hadn't been chasing them) at about 7.45 in the evening to get my up-to-date card number. I'd say that was pretty impressive customer service in the circumstances!

They said both locos would be despatched to me in the next couple of days - feeling pretty excited now :)

• Like 1

I haven't been following this thread every day and have fallen behind.  

Besides Andy's very nice photographs from a couple of weeks ago and separate from recent discussion on the IOW engines which by the sound of the conversations have arrived, what is the latest ETA in Kernow for the SR green liveried O2?

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

I ordered Calbourne and Ventnor about four years ago and this evening the shop phoned me (I hadn't been chasing them) at about 7.45 in the evening to get my up-to-date card number. I'd say that was pretty impressive customer service in the circumstances!

They said both locos would be despatched to me in the next couple of days - feeling pretty excited now :)

Well good for you, none of my details have changed, my orders go back 4 yrs and not heard a word, as my earlier post, not really an issue, but not dispatching in strict order.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Kernow rang just now, 13.52. will arrive tomorrow, the're working 6.30 - 22.30pm to get them out, thousands of orders WW.  I must be naïve, thought I was the only one who loved IOW O2's from my early years, up to 9 yrs old in '66. :no:   ​

Edited by Guest

Yes, Yes, Yes, Kernow rang just now, 13.52. will arrive tomorrow, the're working 6.30 - 22.30pm to get them out, thousands of orders WW.  I must be naïve, thought I was the only one who loved IOW O2's from my early years, up to 9 yrs old in '66. :no:   ​

Good heavens! Poor them! I wish I were selling coffee to them. I'm sure they're glad the gate stock won't arrive until March at the earliest.

• RMweb Gold

Just learnt from two emails that my three are on their way, I ordered two of them back in September 2010 so really looking forward to to seeing them and planning something new for them to run on. I ordered the Bulleid diesels at the same time, might have to wait some time for them! Thanks to Chris and the team for working all hours to get them out, enjoy the rest when you have completed this wrapping fest!
all the very best

Godfrey

• Like 1

Anyone  have  any  ideas  on  the  quantites  being  produced  of  each  model?  or  is  this  commercially  confidential  information.

It  would  be  interesting to  know  specifically  the  IOW  numbers  made  which  would  give  some  indication  of  how  popular  IOW  suitable  carriage  stock  would   be.

The  constraint  on  an  IOW  layout  has  always  been  the  lack  of  RTR  items  (though  fairly  well  covered  by  kits).

Their is  a  lot  of  interest  in  the  IOW  railways  however  their  appeal  as  a  model  prototype  is  hard  to  define,   I  am  aware  of  many  IOW  layouts  several  of  which  are  fictional  and  use  the  "Solent  Tunnel  was  built"  concept  to  use  non  IOW   locos  and  stock  but  there  are  few  historically  accurate  ones

Pete

• Like 1

No idea on quantities on how many of each, was told a while ago the IOW ones haven't sold that many again due to the rolling stock issue, and speaking to a number of customers on the island who pop in to the shop every now and again they want to buy it direct from a shop and see it running first... although I think now Havenstreet shop has them also.
 I guess that solent tunnel was the one I read about which was on the FYN branch which I had seen plans for.
As you and I know Pete rolling stock for the island is not an easy thing to do as they are a bit of an odd ball sets LBSC, SECR, chopped down changed ect...  I don't see it happening any time soon sadly, but should be some more kits in the near future, as I am working with an Island based company if you like to possibly produce some more, although 4 wheeler stock and not bogie.

• Like 1

I gonna get the Hornby LSWR maunsell's when they come out next year to run with O2's, look OK for me for late BR days, but I'm not modelling IOW just a general South Western flavour. Oh, and my two IOW O2's never arrived today.

The third of my 02's turned up today , the southern 207 ,fitted the chip and nothing , swopped the chip's over between loco's ,chips ok loco not so, trip to the post office tomorrow bet I get behind the gut sending a million e-bay items. :drag:

Off-topic warning - S'funny, in the days of one queue per till rather than just one queue, I used to dread being behind the person buying that week's NI stamps for the company :smoke: So that dates it...

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks

• RMweb Gold

Well, my two island examples have arrived safely within the last hour and what little beauties they are. The slightly muted finish looks right to my eyes, although my various IoW albums show the cab surround and Westinghouse pump bands to be mostly dull and dirty. An easily solvable issue. I won't be able to run them until later, but for now I am one very happy bunny!

I wonder how many O2s we can get on the modular layout at Taunton next April? ;)

• Like 2

The third of my 02's turned up today , the southern 207 ,fitted the chip and nothing , swopped the chip's over between loco's ,chips ok loco not so, trip to the post office tomorrow bet I get behind the gut sending a million e-bay items. :drag:

Hi Colney,

Sorry to hear of your problems with the loco.

Did it work under DC when you initially tested it?

Did the decoder read 'error' or cause shut downs at all?

If not, it sounds like a simple fix of one of the wires coming adrift of the motor. However that's not something a manufacturer should expect, like repainting etc, the customer to correct.

I'll make a note and check your model when it gets back to Kernow as I'm due a visit down there.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well, my two island examples have arrived safely within the last hour and what little beauties they are. The slightly muted finish looks right to my eyes, although my various IoW albums show the cab surround and Westinghouse pump bands to be mostly dull and dirty. An easily solvable issue. I won't be able to run them until later, but for now I am one very happy bunny!

I wonder how many O2s we can get on the modular layout at Taunton next April? ;)

My two Island versions arrived yesterday and I totally agree with Trevor, they are really lovely. I have a rather fuzzy photo of 'Ventnor' at Ventnor Station so that for me is quite special. I also received the Southern 207 version which is really exquisite and I am sure we will have quite a number trundling around the modular layout at Taunton in April! I am busy trying to build a model of Chard Joint for next time, will make a change from a container terminal. All three happily run on my less than perfect module's track.

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 2