Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Hi George, great pics. What can you tell me about these Kadee couplings then, I've been looking to replace the big, ugly plastics ones I have on my stock and seen the Kadee's in my local shop. How do they work ? I see you recomend them...

Cheers

Leon

Hiya Leon,

Sorry bud, I managed to miss your post there, yes the Kadee couplings are by far the best couplings I have used. You can buy them at model railway shows and Express models also sell them. There are probabley websites that have pics and explain it all better than me, but I shall have a go biggrin.gif

Basically you need the Kadee Magnets, place these around parts of your layout in the middle of the track and before glueing them down check that there height is ok. Its hard topic to explain laugh.gif They would work fantastic on your layout though bud!!

Pics might help to explain: In the pic below the two locos are coupled together.

post-6787-1266323432576_thumb.jpg

This pic shows the two locos on top of the magnet, the magnet has forced the two couplings to push away from each other so that the locos can seperate or they can now shunt as the couplings are forced open by the magnet, the couplings will not close unless the locos seperate.

post-6787-12663235637131_thumb.jpg

This picture shows you the locos apart from each other and the couplings facing away from each other

post-6787-12663235943681_thumb.jpg

I hope that sort of helps you Leon, There are websites out there on this subject, that explain it ten times better than me, im still learning about them too really biggrin.gif

Regards

Georgie

Good post there Georgie,

Very informative ;) might ava go at these myself! Keep seeing layouts with these kadees on there stock and i have a few Bachmann wagons with these installed think they run very nice and look a lot better than a chunky nem coupling!

Many Thanks, Jon. :)

Hiya Jon,

Cheers for the comment bud!! Its one of those topics that are hard to explain without going round in circles laugh.gif

They are fun to play with though one of our layouts at the club have them and I spent one weekend just shuffling wagons and moving stock here and there and it was great fun, very realisstic too biggrin.gif

Cheers Jon,

Regards

Georgie

Hiya Alex,

Me mums camera is ten times better than mine!! thanks for your comment Bud!!

The Kadees are real fun I feel like a big kid when using them and I exspecially did when at the exhibition having two days non stop play laugh.gif

Cheers 10800 for the Link, it shall be of help icon_thumbsup2.gif

Regards

Georgie

Just had another few mins playing with me mums camera and came across a certain setting.

So these pics are for Alex and Jon.G and others who are into such locos wink.gif biggrin.gif

post-6787-12663327739179_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12663327900791_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12663328008618_thumb.jpg

Hope you like Chaps?? wink.gif Taken back in 1970 or 80s huh.gif one of those years biggrin.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hi George, cheers for the info and pics to explain the Kadee, one other question, the coupling is released over the magnet so if I wanted to couple up to a wogon or loco would I have to shunt/push the stock clear of the magnet to couple them ? Also do the fit into Bachmann/Hornby locos and stock the same way as nem ones ?

They do look far better than the plastic ugly ones I have at present.

Cheers mate.

Leon

Hiya Leon,

Too couple up to a wagon/loco, they do have to be clear of the magnet otherwise you end pushing/shunting the item further away. Yup, they fit straight into the nem sockets on both Bachmann and Hornby, if you do have stock where the couplings dont come off you have to cut that ugly one off and then using a kadee guage height measuring thingy you then add the kadee, but thats another subject im still learning, I cheated and added a piece of plasticard under my 09 and then the coupling biggrin.gif

You will soon learn it all once you have played with one, its like DCC, no going back biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Regards

Georgie

Evening all,

Well this will be my last update before the big switch, I would like to wish and Andy and the Mod team the best of luck wink.gif

This afternoon I decided to crack on!! I have started tonnes of work now on the board, but no updated pics, sorry!! I have done the ballasting, left areas for weeds, all concrete area for the shed is down, and also had a lick of paint biggrin.gif After reading the Crimson road article it has given me soo many ideas of what to put on my layout biggrin.gif Still tonnes to be done, whilst the website is ofline I shall crack on with the layout and get the shed area looking like a... shed area huh.gif laugh.gif

Anyways I got a couple of photos of the painted concrete area:

post-6787-12663502683214_thumb.jpg

this pic is with shed in sort of position, please note the bumble bee door wink.gif

post-6787-12663503192706_thumb.jpg

Hope you all like!!

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Very good George I agree sell them sheds you no you don't like them haha I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the class 66 I'm more a English electric fan lol good ol' 37 50 years and still going strong lol keep up the good work mate

Haha, them sheds are going nowhere!! laugh.gif If anything, in a few weeks or months the fleet will start to increase, got to beat Crimson Road who has over 20, so im looking at 25 to 30 wink.gif Im only pulling your leg, a little 8ft layout would never hold that many laugh.gif I have drawn up though another plan for way in the future of a massive 12ft or 16ft sized depot layout, but where talking years there!! I think though around 10 sheds shall do it for this layout, aswell as 6 to 10 class 60s, 37s and 56s, also get a couple of 47s and another 58 wink.gif But thats me plan biggrin.gif Plenty of sound too!!

Cheers for the comment Rich!!

Regards

Georgie

Hiya Rich,

Ya I cant wait until I can get the layout out on the road, but I going nowhere until I get meself a set of wheels!!

Hopefully, being a big celebration biggrin.gif , a sound class 66 could be visiting and staying!!

I have a load of photos taken over the past couple of days, I shall try later to upload them!!

Regards

Georgie

Hiya all,

I got a few snaps of the layout, but these snaps where taken at a certain time of day that many of peoples are in bed snoozing, yup I finally spent a few days wiring up all me lights around the depot. The lights are fantastic and do brighten up the area a bit!! I have also started detailing the depot floor, painting yellow warning lines some signs and keep clear signs on the floor too!! I have also ballasted the track around the shed got more security fencing up and more weeds have grown too!! I did have a productive week I thinks but all has now come to a complete stop as I just a busy bee at the moment sad.gif

So, heres a few night shots of all the pretty lights biggrin.gif

post-6787-126694201753_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12669420394_thumb.jpg

post-6787-126694208172_thumb.jpg

post-6787-126694210731_thumb.jpg

Hope you all like!?!?

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

• RMweb Gold

Hi Georgie,

I've been following your thread for a few weeks now. Good to see that the photos are better, certainly show your layout to much better effect and looking good. You have made some great progress, keep it up! Well done. Now, must get on with my depot .........

Hiya chaps,

Thanks all for the kind words!! I shall attempt to get all the depot lights all up and running or if not, I shall try and get most up and running biggrin.gif

Hiya Mudmagnet, Im glad your enjoying Jessop Yard and I must agree that photos are better quality, I wonder how long it will be until me mum starts saying NO huh.gif

I have a couple of locos that are going to arriving this week and I suppose next week. These are:

60006 - got kicked out of Toton, that place has too many laugh.gif

37427 - I dont know what happened there!!

66702 - Will be me first DCC Sound loco biggrin.gif

Thanks for kind comments, more piccies to follow real soon!!

Regards

Georgie

Hi Chaps,

That trainspotter has been back again rolleyes.gif He was driving past the depot when he noticed a new loco had appeared!! So of course, camera in hand he dumped his car and ran for the security dudes, they laughed and let him in, dont worry the security guard stayed with him at all times wink.gif And then took a couple of these:

post-6787-126702916266_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12670291772_thumb.jpg

Yup, its the Corus class 60, 60006, my favourite of all time livered loco!!

The trainspotter just left the yard when the loco moved down to join the line of locos awaiting attention and these are what he took:

post-6787-126702939146_thumb.jpg

post-6787-126702941387_thumb.jpg

Please enjoy!! and thankyou to my good friend who created my favourite loco, thanks!!

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Archived