Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Hi mate,

Have to say that those lights have taken your layout to another level well done. The arrival of the 60 is great.

Put a little something in the post for you at last, hope you can still use them. The 47 I got a few months ago from eBay, its DC not DCC so I will just rip out the engine and practice weathering on. I will then just drag it around the layout as a dead engine. Can pick them up for about a tenna if your lucky.

I been away from mine a while also, think I o'd. Will try to get back into it Friday, my day off.

Keep it up mate.

Hey Leon,

Cheers for your kind comment bud!! wink.gif Yes they most deffinetly will find use on me layout, thanks again bud

Thats a cracking price is that for a 47!! Yes you should get back to your amazing layout, and keep posting them piccies biggrin.gif laugh.gif Pulling your leg there bud!! Im in that silly mood rolleyes.gif

Hiya Jack,

Cheers for the comment pal!! I dont understand what you mean about the sound 66 huh.gif I havent yet got her so I dont know what they sound like wink.gif I know what you mean about 60s and not been cheap, prices seem to have doubled over past couple of months!!

Cheers

Georgie

Oh... then please do tell us once you have it!

The 2010 release of a 60 ddc sound is just over the £200 mark... I dont see why so much....

Yeah thats usually the RRP they come out about £180 I was extremely lucky to get mine for £143

good news on your ying ying George I have one shed with sound and I think one is enough lol I'm gonna get it re-blown one day as I'm not 'satisfied' with Bachmanns sounds as it moves off before its even revved up well it does on mine anyway

Can't wait to see it mate

Thanks Richard

:)Ayup Georgie lad,

The 37's in those liverys buddy are about early 90's for 429 and early to late 90's for regi rail 414, Cheers for the pickys thou and its always good to av a tractor on shed bruva ruba B)

Luvin the depot and lights very atmospheric me laddo :icon_thumbsup2:

60006 is looking nice on your depot i see the train spotter got full access to the yard thats un thinkable nowadays

Cheers, Jon.

Hiya Chaps,

Jack- I completley agree with you there bud, the 60s and any other new DCC sound loco have shot up in price!! I just cant afford at the moment for one of them sad.gif

Rich- I would like to have most of me fleet of 66s with sound biggrin.gif But I know that wont happen sad.gif

Im back biggrin.gif

Jon!!! biggrin.gif Cheers for the info on the 37s, I think some heavy weathering will make them look more part of the fleet!! Plenty more lights yet to add, must also get all the layout rigged up for one big picture of all the lights!! And that spotter somehow knows every working and when any new arrivals will arrive he gets given a high viz vest and hes offlaugh.gif

Lewis- Cheers for your kind comment bud!!

Thanks for all the kind comments Chaps, I shall see what I can come up with over next couple of days biggrin.gif But I have also just been told by college (parents evening) that I need to start thinking of what Im going to do in september and start Apprenticeship hunting and getting on with work so things basically are really going to slow down whilst I get things sorted!! I shall try and update when I can!! So, hang in there with me for now wink.gif

Cheers all

Georgie

Hi Georgie

When you do get a dcc sound loco will you upload a video may be? :)

Hornbys imagination isn't up to much,they make a DCC sound EWS class 60 60048 and now a DCC sound EWS 60042? Its a duplicate really???

Id rather see a dcc sound Loadhaul 60059! :P

I know a place where you can get 60048 new for only £135!

Im getting one for my Birthday,cant wait!

Regards

Lewis

Hi Georgie

When you do get a dcc sound loco will you upload a video may be? :)

Hornbys imagination isn't up to much,they make a DCC sound EWS class 60 60048 and now a DCC sound EWS 60042? Its a duplicate really???

Id rather see a dcc sound Loadhaul 60059! :P

I know a place where you can get 60048 new for only £135!

Im getting one for my Birthday,cant wait!

Regards

Lewis

Hornby's livery policy is a bit silly really considering 60042 has been in long term store a loco such as 60096 would of been a better option or even 60009 ah well at least its another 60 to add to the growing collection of 60s I've succumbed to own :P B)

Hiya Chaps,

As soon as the 37 turns up, I think it will be tomorrow, I shall take a couple of snaps for you all biggrin.gif Lewis, you read my mind!! I have been thinking about making a little vid of the 66 starting up and moving off and then shutting down!!

Cheers Rich!! Once again, things are now really getting tough on me and meaning no time to do anything to Jessop Yard, not even the big switch on with all the lights!!Hopefully things will get sorted, but this could go on until September sad.gif Its tough out there at the moment!!

Cheers all

Georgie

Hiya all,

I sat down and had a little think about whats happening now and whats going to happen over next few months and I have decided Im being silly. So, work shall carry on, but just not as often and I shall keep you all up to date with whats going on wether it be with photos or no photos or updated every couple of weeks instead of everyday, any comments I shall happily reply.

Hopefully tomorrow me new loco shall arrive, so there shall be an update and hopefully next week with me first sound class 66 biggrin.gif I shall try and get all three boards all fully lit too!! Theres a tonne of stuff that still needs to be done like backscenes that I shall do, oh and get some legs too wink.gif one day!! laugh.gif

I shall try and keep going and keep you all updated, but please hang in there with me wink.gif biggrin.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hi all,

The 37 didnt arrive which is a shame as I was hoping to take a couple of photos for you all this weekend as this week I will be extremely busy!! sad.gif

I did though decide to line a couple of locos up inside and around the shed for you all. I am hoping to do a couple of hours worth of work on Jessop Yard, and shall take some photos!! I am hoping to weather the track and ballast, well, make them not look as new as they do now wink.gif and add desiel stains around fueling point and where locos stable. I think aswell I shall add more detail to the shed too, he could do with some more attention, possibly weather the sheds too, see how I get on first biggrin.gif

The trainspotter took a couple of snaps when passing the depot of 60006, 66178 and 67005 hanging around the shed biggrin.gif

post-6787-126735496783_thumb.jpg

post-6787-126735499379_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12673550105_thumb.jpg

Hope you all like!?!? biggrin.gif

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Fabdabidosa !

laugh.gif I like that word laugh.gif Im planning on useing acrylic paint washes for the ballast, and for the rails, I might mix a couple of Enamel or acrylic paints together to try and get a dark brown rust colour. Im not sure how it might turn out, I hope I dont ruin me layout by adding wrong colours!!

Regards

Georgie

laugh.gif I like that word laugh.gif Im planning on useing acrylic paint washes for the ballast, and for the rails, I might mix a couple of Enamel or acrylic paints together to try and get a dark brown rust colour. Im not sure how it might turn out, I hope I dont ruin me layout by adding wrong colours!!

Regards

Georgie

George, have you considered Railmatch "Sleeper Grime" spray ? Its good for spraying the sleepers and sides of the rails before ballasting. I found it a lot quicker and easier that painting the rail sides by hand. I like the idea of a wash for the ballast, I sprayed mine with Rover Brown from Halfords and am not happy with it. Cramdin Yard uses a wash and looks really good. Dont worry if it looks wrong, can alway go over it again until happy.

Have a good one, Im stuck in work today. :( so modeling from my desk...lol

I tried ordering some railmatch sleeper grime spray, but everywhere wanted you to send a cheque. Something I dont have!! And straight away when track was layed I ballasted it, another lesson learnt!! I have given the ballast a wash of black now, and made it heavy around the fuelling points and stabling areas. Next is the side of the rails, something Im really not looking forward too, suppose its got to be done biggrin.gif I feel for you bud, working on a Sunday!! I shall have a closer look at Cramdin Yards weathered track wink.gif

Regards

Georgie

Hiya all,

I have made a mix of my own rail side colour. I mixed red, orange and black to make the colour.

But Im not 100% on the colour, here's a photo for you all:

post-6787-126736519512_thumb.jpg

Please help!! does the colour look ok?? should I do the whole layout with this colour?? Or does it need to be darker??

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Hi all,

I have successfully painted all the tracks on one board out of three!! Big success!! The colour looks okay, even better on wooden sleepered track.

So, one board down, two to go before the track has been all completely weathered!! I think though now I need to go back over the ballast to make it stand out more!!

Im going to make another mix so I think for today I shall be painting tracks!! Oh what joy!! It does look better though, well I think anyways biggrin.gif

Heres some photos for you all:

post-6787-126736812395_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12673681063_thumb.jpg

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Archived