Canal lock and narrow boat

I've got an N gauge canal boat built somewhere on my desk waiting for some coal to go in the hold, mine was re-sized from the Hornby magazine.

planning on building another and building the half relief town scene that appears in most of scalescene's adverts - waiting until I've got the backboards up first!

Found I do have space for some buildings afteral!

That does look good, Shaun, I can almost hear the big ole' Russel and Newbury going 'Ponka, Ponka, Ponka, Ponka....' and perfect smoke rings going upwards on a frosty morning....

[Yes, I have a soft spot for NBs and that damn Wiffen's got me all nostalgic! I've no room for one, but maybe a diorama would be good, low relief lock keepers cottage, or pub garden....HHhm..

Doug

Thanks to everyone for the pleasant comments.

John (Wiffen), a cargo of limestone ballast is being loaded as we speak...

and to Doug - great minds think alike - I happen to have a spare Scalescenes pub crying out for a suitable location! The race is on...!

ATB

Shaun.

And here is the limestone load - plus a bit more detail.

No diorama yet, still working on it, but the glorious sunshine at the moment is hampering any serious stuff...

post-8247-0-31873800-1300877040_thumb.jpg

ATB

Shaun.

(that's a wheelbarrow in the hold, but it's not showing up too well in the photo. Note to photographer - must try harder...)

• 1 year later...

Hi there

Just bought the kit myself as I intend putting a canal scene in the new layout I will be starting shortly, I want to build the kit first to get a sense of proportions so hopefully, I will be able to get a decent scene on the layout, I am going to do a simple country branch and since I have always liked canals having lived in England for several years next to a canal, I wanted to incorprate one in the new construction. What sort of situation are you going to fit the scene into layout wise ?

Will let you know how I get on !

Reemgee

Archived