Hinksey Yard (c.2010)

Dave Searle

• RMweb Premium

A very good first day, lots of interest, especially from the younger viewers, many of who said it was their favourite layout and had to be almost dragged away. Counting wagons and containers proved popluar :)

We had many interesting conversations with a variety of interested and knowledgeable people, the lack of barriers directly in front of the layout meant we were nearer to the public and could chat more easily. If you spoke to us - many thanks, it's always good to hear your thoughts.

So our feet are tired, but but we're very happy, roll on tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Dave Searle
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, we had a great time at the show, the layout behaved well and there was lots of interest from the viewing public.  The show was very well organised with plenty of good layouts and traders and we felt very welcome. 

It was good to speak to several members of RMWeb who stopped by to say hello.

post-203-0-97690100-1455008014_thumb.jpg

I counted 50 ballast wagons in the yard:

post-203-0-98490200-1455007836_thumb.jpg

post-203-0-20937800-1455007852_thumb.jpg

We managed to pack up and get away at the end of the show inside 60 minutes, just avoiding getting drenched by the rain.

Many thanks to the Stafford Club for a great show.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave,

Aren't some of your autoballasters NGS kits too? These may provide a more cost effective route, though the details can be quite fiddly and I think they are best built in batches!

Incidentally, on the DEMU forum I have read that some of the JJAs have acquired yellow bands with Network Rail branding, though I have not yet seen any photos...

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

The ballast wagons are a mix of 20 Farish JJA autoballasters, all three types of NGS kits (10x JJA & 10x HQA) and Modern Image Models (10x MRA side-tippers) .

Ian, I've passed the 165/166s over to Andy who is going to strip them down, smooth some slight ridges and then re-spray them (properly). We're not going to rush them.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Hinksey is about to have a busy couple of weeks.  We're at NESCOT (Epsom) this weekend (23/24 April),  the Club's Open day in Ewell on the 2nd May and then we are attending the Watford Model Railway Exhibition on the 7th May.

Hope to see some of you at one of these events.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave,

Hope the shows go well.

Incidentally, I saw recently this a shot of one of the Railtrack liveried autoballasters now bearing a yellow stripe and plain black Network Rail branding - another livery variation...

It also appears to have been re-bogied with cast frame Y25s.

https://flic.kr/p/DP95jY

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

Hello Dave,

Hope the shows go well.

Incidentally, I saw recently this a shot of one of the Railtrack liveried autoballasters now bearing a yellow stripe and plain black Network Rail branding - another livery variation...

It also appears to have been re-bogied with cast frame Y25s.https://flic.kr/p/DP95jY

Cheers

Ben A.

Think I saw them come through Peterborough today

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I had the pleasure of seeing Hinksey yard in the flesh at the Tonbridge show, It was extremely popular and i couldn't get any great pictures or video but did manage to capture a 60 on the TEA's.

very nice!

Graham.

• Like 10

• 5 months later...