DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Hi all, as promised from this morning, and after a few sunshine beers are a couplp of shots of the employees down at Deeping Lane working hard, the figures are the Bachmann set, i tampered with the chap with the road drill replacing it with a small bin and he can be seen taking out the rubbish to the skip and the gentleman with the shovel has it replaced with a yard lever, not sure if he is chuffed about that or not laugh1.gif

post-6696-0-78973100-1309120782_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-77961800-1309120795_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-08590800-1309120807_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-34058000-1309120819_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-79982400-1309120831_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-49568500-1309120844_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil

• Like 2

Same pw team as working on outon road. maybe deeping is their home depot haha. like what youve done. you should give them a dirty wash though now to tone them down and create false shadow on their clothing!

Cav

Hi all

Thanks ess and danny, its always nice when something you have done has given someone else a little inspiration or a spark to start something else or go and do something similar on there layout, i think as modellers we feed off others inspiration, i know i do.

Cheers Cav, i think is it is the same team they should be working on the extension at Outon instead of standing around chatting laugh1.gif, i never thought of giving them a little wash of dirt, i think i will give that a go tomorrow cheers mate, there you go there is that inpiration thingy again laugh1.gif

Neil

Hi Matt, not heard from you in ages, go for it, if its anything like talerdigg sidings it will be great, im really proud of the shed building to be honest as its the first really major building that iv scratchbuilt and i didnt really take any measurments from anywhere, i kinda just looked at lots of pics on the net and made my own version so thanks matt for the compliment on it.

there are still a few litle cameos to add, manly the cats that my daughter wants which just nee painting and awaiting direction of where there going laugh1.gif

Cheers again matt and good to hear from you again

Neil

Hi Matt, not heard from you in ages, go for it, if its anything like talerdigg sidings it will be great, im really proud of the shed building to be honest as its the first really major building that iv scratchbuilt and i didnt really take any measurments from anywhere, i kinda just looked at lots of pics on the net and made my own version so thanks matt for the compliment on it.

Neil

No probs Neil, it's a great little layout. I'm usually skulking around in the 'Kitbuilding' section of the forum these days as, since giving up on Talerddig, I've been concentrating on building wagons and painting/weathering them with a few other bits and bobs [like the Critter you may remember from my Talerddig thread - finally finished!]. If the shed is the first major structure you've built then you should be proud - it's great :lol:

Cheers Matt, i will have a look through and check some of your stuff out, have you still got Talerdgg then??? and was it finished finally, and yeah i can remember the critter will definalty check the finished article out

Neil

Yeah Talerddig is still knocking about, currently stored at my parents house but no, it was never completely finished. I was looking at it the other day, and despite being stored for over a year, it still looks ok and everything is intact [i think!].

Hi Neil, Just love the way you have altered the figures to suit the situation and getting away from that out of the box look. I have just bought the same ones so I will need to think up something, but I don't know what just yet. Well done buddy.

Hi mate, thanks for the kind comments, i think you have to do things like that, it makes it your own and not just plonking a few figures here and there, i did something very similar on Pilot Road witht he chap with drill and changed it for a wheelie bin, and there wasnt anywhere logical for the guy to go with the shovel, i might get another couple of chaps to just stand under the bridge kind of observing the 3 way, looking forward to seeing the layout saturday mate, i will come say hi

Neil

Hi all, as promised from this morning, and after a few sunshine beers are a couplp of shots of the employees down at Deeping Lane working hard, the figures are the Bachmann set, i tampered with the chap with the road drill replacing it with a small bin and he can be seen taking out the rubbish to the skip and the gentleman with the shovel has it replaced with a yard lever, not sure if he is chuffed about that or not laugh1.gif

post-6696-0-78973100-1309120782_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-77961800-1309120795_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-08590800-1309120807_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-34058000-1309120819_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-79982400-1309120831_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-49568500-1309120844_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil

Love all the workmen shots,they look great mate

Keep the up with the excellent photos...

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie, Thanks for the kind comments, im really happy that the people placements have worked out well, still want to get a few others for just under the bridge, and im very tempted to get a nice signal for the overbridge, just to give it a more realistic reason for the loco to be topped on there, i might even attempt to make my own, not sure yet rolleyes.gif

2 new arrivals to Deeping Lane today, 47145 and 37709, they will get some photos taken when i get up there laugh.gif, and my new camera has arrived, but unfortnatly doesnt have a compact flash card sad.gif, hopefully get that up and running for members day which im really looking forward, some of my stock will be passing through Outon Road i think so come and say hello, i could also possibly seen around summat colliery but i dont think ian would appriciate a triple grey 47 rumbling through laugh1.gif

Cheers

Neil

Hi all, two new arrivals at Deeping Lane today, 47145 and 37709, looking rather clean, i couldnt resist a few shots and then it got dark so took one last one, these two have had the beam details added, just awaiting some weathering and there chips and they will be put to work.

post-6696-0-30173200-1309299539_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-58425400-1309299592_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-36966800-1309299613_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-75109600-1309299631_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil

• Like 2

i know mate, i cant beleive i got it for a bargain too laugh1.gif, will look even better when my weathering expert gets his hands on it, ill get a chip in it for saturday laugh1.gif, was like christmas this morning when i unwrapped it, i dont know what it is but it just looks perfect on the layout in front of the shedyes.gif

Neil