St Jude

kevblokey

I would say North because you already have access to the platform so it would be sensible to extend that access to the siding, but  (dont you just love a but)  you could put it to the South and then have a level crossing/user worked crossing to provide access.

I am sure there are many real examples whichever way you decide to go.

I would say North because you already have access to the platform so it would be sensible to extend that access to the siding, but  (dont you just love a but)  you could put it to the South and then have a level crossing/user worked crossing to provide access.

I am sure there are many real examples whichever way you decide to go.

Thanks mate, as you say, foot/vehiclular access is certainly easier from the platform area, so I reckon North it'll be

• 2 weeks later...

And what a little 2' 6" beauty it is!

Oh, and for my tuppence worth I'd go north too!

Thank you for your tuppence worth Chris, alas, having just spent out on numerous west country based 121s, 122s, 150/2s etc, you can see where I'm going with this...

North of the running line, I've just fallen in, crumbs I'm an idiot sometimes! I thought you meant north of the country!

Well I’m a northern monkey myself but I think all that stock already in your possession means a move oop north would be a bit silly. :)

Hello! I am in awe of the original St Jude and it's transformation etc.

There is something special and unique about SLT layouts that I just love. Simple, yet perfect for attention to detail, which I must say you have achieved.

I have a SLT layout myself which is simply a small halt, with a country road running behind the end of the platform, a permanent way hut and a river scene. I shall have to dig it out and do some work on it as seeing St Jude again has reinspired me! I have been concentrating on my new larger layout of Diggle Junction but I shall change focus again back to my SLT layout and hopefully get it as good as St Jude!

Hello! I am in awe of the original St Jude and it's transformation etc.

There is something special and unique about SLT layouts that I just love. Simple, yet perfect for attention to detail, which I must say you have achieved.

I have a SLT layout myself which is simply a small halt, with a country road running behind the end of the platform, a permanent way hut and a river scene. I shall have to dig it out and do some work on it as seeing St Jude again has reinspired me! I have been concentrating on my new larger layout of Diggle Junction but I shall change focus again back to my SLT layout and hopefully get it as good as St Jude!

Thank you Chris, glad you like SJ, hopefully you'll like SJ Mk2 just as much...

Kev

Archived