Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

• RMweb Premium

So sad. Thoughts and prayers go to Gordon and his family and friends.

Polly and Ray (Tender)

Edited by southern42
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Totally flabbergasted at this news.  :-(

I never met Gordon but followed Eastwood Town for many years and always felt a connection as we are both golfers.  Golf and model railways seem to be uncommon bedfellows?  Wishing Gordon and his family well during this very difficult time.

Steve

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Very sad news. eldavo and myself had some visits to his home, pubs and Pendon..  great company and a gent.

Best wishes to Jackie and family, and hopes that they can find peace at this awful time.

• Agree 1

I too am totally choked by this, can't get it out of my mind since BoD announced it. We communicated a little over the years and Gordon gave me lots of tips, a genuinely nice guy, such a shame. I certainly didn't expect it to go down like this, I hope he bounces back!

My love to Gordon’s family and friends

Best regards

Ian

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

My thoughts are with Gordon's family and friends 

To have been through the rollercoaster of emotions  that ICU can bring  and then have this news truly heart breaking. 

Gordon is an inspiration to many of us and I can only echo the sentiments of many others 

Colin 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

As a lurker I was so impressed with what he had achieved, far beyond my skillset.  Really thinking of him and extending my prayers to his family that he makes this through.

Edited by B McG
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to echo all that has gone before - I first had the privilege of corresponding with Gordon back in 2010 (in fact it was this very month); it was at a time when OO-sf (16.2mm) was being hotly "discussed" on RMWeb, which at times was bordering on WW3 as I'm sure Andy Y will remember.  Anyway, at that time I was supplying suitable track gauges and Gordon approached me with an order.  Little did I know that they would become so well used; Gordon can be proud of what he's achieved with Eastwood Town so far, and I really hope he is able to continue his work.  And when those who said that the 16.2mm standards were inherently flawed and "that it'll never work" he would gently respond with "well, actually yes it does - and here's a layout to show that it does".  I'm sure many of us have learnt a thing or two from Gordon whilst reading ET.

I had arranged to meet with Gordon, but unfortunately C-19 had delayed that from happening.  I really hope Gordon is still able to do so.

My thoughts and best wishes to Gordon and his family for a happy outcome.

• Friendly/supportive 11

Reading Poly's post above, and I have a small tale to tell.

When I first started my Bitton Project, and my first venture into OO Point building, Gordon was one of the first to send not only some very sound advice, but bags of moral support. We had a few PM's and post's regarding things related.

Finally I decided that building a Prototype was not my bag, (although I did enjoy the Track building side of it) and once again, Gordon was there not only giving support but much needed advice, help, guidance and encouragement.

All the above, like ALL of RM Web was of course FREE and given with the wish to improve the Hobby in General.

For that I will be eternally great full, get well soon again Gordon, WE NEED YOU.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2