Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

• RMweb Premium

That is very sad and I am so sorry to hear this news.  Like everyone else on the forum I was hoping.

My best wishes to his family and friends.

Gordon's family only need to read through this thread to appreciate in just what high esteem he was held - especially by such an eclectic group of people as model railway enthusiasts. 

RIP

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Another very good person and very fine modeller gone. I met Gordon only a couple of times, and long ago, but we kept in touch, and he will be greatly missed. My condolences to, and sympathy for his family at this dreadful time for them.

Edited by great northern
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for letting us know.  It was becoming a more expected outcome, but no less sad for that.

Nor any less a sad time for his family, whom I will be remembering in my prayers.

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Nothing to add, just to repeat the member's thoughts and comments above .

Like many others I only knew Gordon through RmWeb. During one of his change of plans I purchased a large number of handmade points that were redundant. They arrived in 2 large plywood boxes perfectly built , so good in fact, that a couple of hinges and a handle fitted and they would be ideal for carrying O gauge locos. A number of Gordon's points are now in place on my baseboards.

RIP  Gordon

Pete

Edited by cb900f
forgot apostrophe
  • Like 10