Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

Hi Gordon, Just to let you know, it works on Safari Version 11.0.3 shows the pages of the book o.k. 

What a great collection of Photographs, Thank you for sharing.

Gary

Edited by Cmax

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks Gary on both counts.  Just checked and mine is 11.0.2 so I'll update it immediately.  They must have picked up the problem and fixed it.

Interesting - I'm on a new iMac which I fully updated on receipt and it has Safari 11.0.2 and I can't find any updates for Safari at all on the Apple site.  Puzzling especially as Apple only list an update of Version 11.0.2 on 8 January, i.e. last week

You've beat me too it Mike...:-)

I've just sat doing nothing whilst an hour's upgrade went through.  When I Googled Safari updates it said that generally it was part of Sierra updates.  I'm now on Sierra 10.13.2 and surprise, surprise, Safari is still 11.0.2....

Now is this a Specsaver moment or a typing error on behalf of Gary?......

Edit:  Seems it does exist, but as always, people are having problems.....Lets leave well alone.

post-6950-0-03767400-1516114377_thumb.png

Edited by gordon s

Gordon & Mike

No not a typing error on my part, i am an active Beta user of OSX, i should have explained, so sorry for any confusion, I will say yes to leaving well alone, as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke....etc, it was just when Gordon said it wasnt working with Safari.

So once again, appologies on my part.

Gary

Gordon & Mike

No not a typing error on my part, i am an active Beta user of OSX, i should have explained, so sorry for any confusion, I will say yes to leaving well alone, as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke....etc, it was just when Gordon said it wasnt working with Safari.

So once again, appologies on my part.

Gary

Not a problem at all.  I just switched over my default browser to Chrome via System Preferences/General to see if Safari was at fault.  Chrome opened it immediately and Safari coughed and spluttered, but nothing happened.

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much for sharing your memories of ET, I've been a follower since your posting of the traverser back in 2009, thought it superb, the same with the Eastwood Town Mk3 design with the folded figure of eight, I didn't see the earlier designs, a bit before my time and probably on the old RMWeb site but I almost cried when you took the Mk3 to the tip but of course I understood the difficulties with the gradients. I haven't actually built anything myself yet but I did fancy something similar to the Mk3 and have made rather extensive tests of gradients and found that most if not all of the Bachmann steam locos that I have can pull eight coaches up a 1 in 80 incline without wheel slip but throw in a curve and everything goes out the window, you had the same problems with the Mk5 design and there were lots of discussions and mathematics about gradients on a curve. I've thoroughly enjoy watching your design and construction of complexed track formations and have a number of them bookmarked for reference, the same is true of your forte into weathering particularly the Mucky Duck and the 9F and adding extra weight so that it could handle the gradients, I didn't really follow or is it understand the complexities of wheel quartering but nevertheless it was all interesting stuff that I thank you for. In that time you've had bouts of ill health, a stint in hospital and bereavements, a loss of "mojo" and one chap who was contemplating  walking away from his model railway because he couldn't hope to build anything to the same level as you, I think he was joking ... hope he was joking. A few days ago you said that you have tried to explain "your" philosophy with regard to ET but seem to have failed, I'm not too sure that's the case, I mean the failure, I like to think I get it and I think the other 380 followers also get it perhaps to varying degrees but get it nevertheless. Of course some discussions have become unpleasant through misunderstandings and I can understand you walking away from the thread and devoting more time to the actual construction of ET and that other thing you do with little balls and a stick (whatever floats your boat) but when your ready to share with us the future developments of ET then we'll be here ready and waiting, well I will be anyway;-)

Best regards

Ian

Ps I do remember a post way back in the early days along the lines of "why bother building a model railway when you can have almost as much fun watching ET develop". Perhaps now some of us, namely me, might pull our fingers out and actually build something!

Edited by Ian_H

Where did you source the phonebook from ? I keep meaning to look at these for the photo's we take during construction of the houses, one for the customer and one for me.

Dave

I guess you mean photo book not phone book

My wife gets them all the time She is out so I guess Gordon will beat me to it

No connection to these guys at all.  My wife had a small one done of family.  It was an absolute doddle uploading pics and the quality is first rate.  I just wanted to get something done and move on.  Had I taken it more slowly I would have been far more selective with the pics and the layout, all of which is easy to do.  I ended up with 456 photographs, but now they are there for posterity no matter what my computer does....

They do have lots of discount vouchers kicking around on the web.  I got 30% off when I did mine.  Of course it's just the DFS principle to let you think you're getting a bargain, so don't pay full price.

https://www.resnap.com

Edit.  When you start the process you will come to this page.  There is a button top right to change the currency and language if required.

https://editor.resnap.com/#!/s0W2NOnmOLay9552yfW8/products

Edited by gordon s