Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

• RMweb Premium

That's a bit of a b*gg3r Big G.  At least you are missing golf while it's cold, wet and muddy!  Hang in there buddy and we'll see you on the fairways in the spring sunshine.

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

Sorry to read this but it does sound like a positive prognosis, just definitely not the sort of thing you want to go through (and especially not at this time of the year)! Definitely take solace in the fact it’s over the rubbish golfing weather. 

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery once they get you into surgery. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thoughts and best wishes are with you Gordon, and for your wife and family also.  May the force be with you....

(Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you'd taken in a kit to build with you....."Hey doc, can I borrow your scalpel...." )

• Thanks 1

Hi Gordon - well that's a curve ball, I've been on immunosuppressants for the last 15 years die to a progressive lung condition which is becoming a bit of an embuggerabce, so I have a lt of sympathy for your position. I also have a lot of hope for you and will keep you in my prayers.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

life does have a way of throwing a curved ball ever so often.

Isn’t that baseball? I thought Gordon’s game for hitting balls with sticks was golf?

Get well soon, Gordon.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Isn’t that baseball? I thought Gordon’s game for hitting balls with sticks was golf?

It is.

But he can still hit a good curved ball.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, BoD said:

It is.

But he can still hit a good curved ball.

Reversal of cause and effect, though, between the two sports?

(I believe the metaphor refers to trying to hit a moving target, a bit like a googly in cricket, although - like baseball itself - not as sophisticated... My knowledge of golf is rudimentary, but bowling/throwing/pitching the ball at the golfer doesn’t strike me as normal. Mind you, what happens after the ball is walloped is anyone’s guess, at least in my case. In any sport.)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

All this sympathy is very well (and heart-warmingly encouraging), but can we get back to the main purpose of this topic: being rude about golf, and worrying that Gordon has yet again changed the track plan? ;)

• Funny 6

Thanks for all your best wishes. They really are appreciated and it’s good to know you have the support of forum mates, many of which I have never met.

I have a meeting with the cancer group tomorrow to discuss the options with my surgeon. I’m somewhat concerned that several websites talk about the possible complexity of surgery and to make sure you ‘choose’ someone who knows what they are doing........:D

Searched high and low but can’t find any ‘Amazon’ reviews or ‘‘eBay’ style feedback on surgeons....:D

Trying to imagine the conversation......

“Have you done this before?”

”How many times?”

”How many are still alive?”..........

Not really the way to build a relationship with the guy who is going to have half your internals in his care........:D

Heard this morning the PET scan has been cancelled. This may be good news if they have sufficient info or could be a policy decision based on cancellation of non essential scans with COVID.

Another interesting question........:D

Edited by gordon s
  • Friendly/supportive 17