Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to have only just caught up with this thread. Last I had heard, was that Gordon was unwell.
So sorry to have heard of his sad passing. It's always such a shame to lose someone who many may never have even met - yet their modelling and words of wisdom will leave a mark on so many.

RIP Gordon, and condolences to his friends & family

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Only just picked up on this thread today and am finding all this rather hard to believe - some years ago I was in fairly regular contact with Gordon and he even built me a set of baseboards (beautifully, of course) which sadly never got used due to a house move. We would meet very now and then at exhibitions and he was always the same - warm, friendly and with a very firm handshake!

I have a Bachmann Evening Star which I bought from him back in the day - that’s one loco which will never be sold on. I’ll think of Gordon next time I try to replicate the Pines Express on my little layout.

RIP Gordon, one of the good guys - my sincerest condolences to his family.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• 10 months later...
25 minutes ago, polybear said:

Remembering Gordon - one year today.  I never had the honour of meeting him, sadly - I was due to see him at some point but sadly covid delayed that.

Hopefully at some point it may be possible to restore the photos lost on RMWeb when the last web host(?) screwed things up, though that's a very big ask and may well be impossible.  So many threads (including ET) have lost so much as a result.

So here's to you, Gordon - much missed, gone but most definitely not forgotten.

Bear.

Polybear

Thanks for the reminder, a true gent of the hobby and so generous. As you say not forgotten

Again we never met, we spoke of having a round of golf at either Cookham or Leckford but never arranged it

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, polybear said:

Hopefully at some point it may be possible to restore the photos lost on RMWeb when the last web host(?) screwed things up, though that's a very big ask and may well be impossible.  So many threads (including ET) have lost so much as a result.

Oh wow, I'd not thought about this until now. Not just Gordon's legacy but other valued, sadly gone members' photos may be now lost. 

A real tragedy ☹️ 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2