Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

New balls please.....

Good news in that Sky took pity on me and are coming Tuesday. Whilst I can watch one TV, I can't record anything and as we have guests for lunch I have been instructed Moto GP is verboten.....:(

There could be a new Q box on the horizon.....:dance_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Doctor who?

“No, not him: this was a good doctor.”

(From “The Navy Lark”, delivered either by or about John Pertwee, who at the time was playing the Third Doctor.)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Regularity said:

“No, not him: this was a good doctor.”

(From “The Navy Lark”, delivered either by or about John Pertwee, who at the time was playing the Third Doctor.)

It was said by Leslie Phillip's character to Jon Pertwee's character, and the actual quote was:

"No, not him: this was a good actor.”

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
spillong
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Don't upset me this afternoon. Just back from golf and played 6 under my handicap, so all thoughts of led's, 00-SF and whatever contentious issues you may wish to choose are off limits......:dance_mini:

Not only that our team came in with 90 points, 18 under as a team, so we could be in the money.

Unlike railway modelling, occasionally it all comes together.......:D

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Must be my day....DHL have just delivered my panel from Optimalprint in Germany.  Very pleased indeed....

Printed on 3mm Dibond, it has a lovely satin finish and reminds me of Formica in the old days. Cannot fault the printing and it comes with two huge circular magnets that could hold Titanic in place in Liverpool Docks.

DSCF1214.jpg.247fe8ae1f5cc931a3cae2afebb65f2a.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg.6fb8ed714a0b1b862c75267509d0a8de.jpg

Faultless and perfect until I start drilling holes in it.....

Oh, and £28 including delivery for a perfect 600 x 200 control panel. It will be interesting to compare to the other cheaper one I ordered.....

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

There will be guest operators once I’m in a position to run things. I’ve pencilled in 2025.........Aren’t you on the waiting list?...:D

Just had an email that confirmed our 90 points was a winner....

This will hardly put us the Net Worth list, but could be enough for a few golf balls......

Anyone see Ronnie O’Sullivan’s interview last night?  Made me chuckle......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53725609

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, gordon s said:

Must be my day....DHL have just delivered my panel from Optimalprint in Germany.  Very pleased indeed....

Printed on 3mm Dibond, it has a lovely satin finish and reminds me of Formica in the old days. Cannot fault the printing and it comes with two huge circular magnets that could hold Titanic in place in Liverpool Docks.

DSCF1214.jpg.247fe8ae1f5cc931a3cae2afebb65f2a.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg.6fb8ed714a0b1b862c75267509d0a8de.jpg

Faultless and perfect until I start drilling holes in it.....

Oh, and £28 including delivery for a perfect 600 x 200 control panel. It will be interesting to compare to the other cheaper one I ordered.....

A tad extravagant.

Some forum members are  little less extravagant!

spacer.pnghttps://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Mike.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, gordon s said:

Don't upset me this afternoon. Just back from golf and played 6 under my handicap, so all thoughts of led's, 00-SF and whatever contentious issues you may wish to choose are off limits......:dance_mini:

Not only that our team came in with 90 points, 18 under as a team, so we could be in the money.

Unlike railway modelling, occasionally it all comes together.......:D

:triniti: The word bandit comes to mind

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Hi Guys

Hoping for a massive storm and tons of rain, as it's bloomin' hot 'ere.....

Just had the second control panel in and there's nothing to choose between them. Nice to have a spare as I'm bound to cock up the first......;)

DSCF1222.jpg.f8d96be436d59b07b97c37e248af5690.jpg

Also made some headway of route selection. Turns out there is a way of having buttons on the mimic panel which would feed back into the ECoS to change routes. Quite tempted, but we'd be on bread and gruel for a for weeks to pay for it......

There are 16 channel modules you can buy from Digikeijs for around £36 that would do the job, but I'd need four of them. Maybe I'll just get stronger glasses.....

Perhaps I'll add it to the wish list and just focus on the led switching for now..

It's stinking hot up my railway room and that's really stopping any work. Even golf today was tough and we started at 08.30am. By the time we came up 18 at 12.30, we were all whacked. The two pints of Doom Bar did a lot to ease the pain....but ET work is really off limits until it cools down a bit.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, gordon s said:

It's stinking hot up my railway room and that's really stopping any work. Even golf today was tough and we started at 08.30am. By the time we came up 18 at 12.30, we were all whacked. The two pints of Doom Bar did a lot to ease the pain....but ET work is really off limits until it cools down a bit.

Don't ever emigrate Gordon, I'd kill for such Antarctic temperatures in the garage!

Mike.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1