Eastwood Town - A tribute to Gordon's modelling.

gordon s

It's not often I get emotional on RMWeb but we are, some of us, of a certain age and my heart therefore goes out to Eastwood Town's builder at this time. Fingers duly crossed and prayers sent, and of course all the best wishes to Gordon's family.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Saddened to hear the recent news, but pleased that the most recent tests are positive. I don’t comment often on Gordon’s thread but enjoy reading it regularly. As the saying goes, everything comes to he who waits. 

Get well soon Gordon much track laying and layout building still to do!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

This is indeed, great news and thank you for letting us all know. I was beginning to feel quite anxious about his lack of progress but feel that a start on the road to recovery has been made. No doubt there will be be dumps in the road (dips in the track/ broken rails) but it's good to know a start has been made. It's good of his family to allow you to keep us informed of developments.

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 18/04/2021 at 20:19, BoD said:

Update

Gordon started to wake on Friday morning.

Hi,

I've just caught up with the news about Gordon now, having been out of touch with him for far too long. Please send him my very best wishes for a full recovery.

Colin Wilshire

• Like 2

On 18/04/2021 at 11:19, BoD said:

Update

Gordon started to wake on Friday morning.  Later that day they were able to take his breathing tube out.  There are lots of things the surgeons are still worried about but he was awake for longer yesterday.  He is still very poorly and weak, finds it difficult to talk but is now drinking water and nutritional fruit drinks.  It is very confusing to go into an operation and wake up 8 days later and it will take some time for Gordon to make sense of it all.

He is just at the start of a long journey back to good health both physically and emotionally.  I'm sure he will continue to be in our thoughts for as long as necessary.

BOD

Thanks for the update, I think many of us really knew about the severity of the operation. Also thank you for conveying our messages to Gordons wife and hopefully Gordon

Whilst not wishing to intrude we all are hoping for a good outcome and to see Gordon back on his feet and tweaking ET still further, but in the meantime we are thinking of him and sending our best wishes to him and his family

• Like 3
  • Agree 12

2 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Hopefully the involvement of Spurs in the super league fiasco won't provide Gordon with a setback. Best wishes Gordon.

Of course the firing of Jose could be a positive thing as well.....:D

All the best with your recovery Gordon

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not sure how my St Georges Day post ended up here, I put it in Early Risers.

Bear put his reply in Early Risers...or was it the Night Mail?  Bear suspects that Gordon has enabled the "practical joker" setting on his thread whilst he's away...:jester:

Wishing Gordon and family best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2