Bachmann Polybulk wagons

richard37670

A nice photo here of the train from Cornwall with the Bachmann liveried Polybulks in 1978

http://www.flickr.com/photos/picture_gallery/8012842402/

and I have added another of my own from Didcot in 1994 where most of the Polybulks are plain grey  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johndedman/11292856595/

The plain grey ones are probably French wagons, which were also used on the Biberist run. They came from a number of leasing companies: NACCO, STEMI and Compagnie du Midi amongst them.

Suitable for the North East as they were used in Salt traffic out of Boulby mine to Middlesbrough Goods, both British and French registered ones!

Mark Saunders

That is great news! Was wondering if they would be adaptable to Boulby traffic, can recreate some rakes behind 20's and 37's that I use to watch rumble by. Well happy!

Matt

Can someone please tell me the postal address for TSL/CAIB UK on the weathered Polybulk? The address changed in 1988, 1992, and 1996 with the wagons labelling following this in due course. TIA.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them were never changed and I'm sure some soldiered on for a long time before this got changed? 

Just curious but would an incorrect address be enough to stop you buying them?

• RMweb Premium

Just curious but would an incorrect address be enough to stop you buying them?

I might use it as a reason for not buying something that was marginal to my operational needs. I've done so with incorrect legal lettering/spelling on EFE London buses in the past - but then bought a later version that was correct.

Can someone please tell me the postal address for TSL/CAIB UK on the weathered Polybulk? The address changed in 1988, 1992, and 1996 with the wagons labelling following this in due course. TIA.

As nobody has answered your question Mike, you can't read the address with the naked eye because the lettering is so small and I don't have a magnifying glass.

Hi folks, the address in 1983 for TSL was: Traffic Services Ltd., Clarendon House, 11-12 Clifford Street, London W1X 2HD according to the diagram sheet.

My good friend Tom Smith has given me these three photos to illustrate three liveries based on the 38-425 and 38-427 versions that the enterprising modeller can do to the basic Polybulk with some alternative branding. All photos by Tom Smith and his copyright with permission (and taken with full permission in the yards).

As per 38-427 but appears to have had the yellow TSP lettering removed and a small CAIB logo added next to TSL logo
post-6706-0-45734100-1387736258.jpg

As per 38-425 but with large CAIB logo replacing printed small one on model and faded TSL logo at other end of TSP lettering

post-6706-0-28747500-1387736275.jpg

And here is one not conforming to the model liveries - this is wagon 046-1 - all over plain grey with just a small CAIB logo at the right hand end. It is believed to be the same on the other side. It is not one of the refurbished VTG wagons by the fact it hasn't had the second walkway fitted on the side shown.

post-6706-0-93853300-1387736298.jpg

Cheers Paul

Hi folks, the address in 1983 for TSL was: Traffic Services Ltd., Clarendon House, 11-12 Clifford Street, London W1X 2HD according to the diagram sheet.

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul. TSL became owned by CAIB UK Ltd in about 1986.

In 1988 the address changed to Duke's Court, Duke Street, Woking GU21 5BH. In 1992 it became Woking Eight, Forsyth Road, Woking GU21 5SB. The Traffic Services Company was sold to its Manager in about 1993, but the wagons remained in the ownership of CAIB UK Ltd. Their address changed again in 1996 to 350 Bournville Lane, Birmingham, B30 1 QZ. There have been subsequent changes but not relevant to the liveries planned by Bachmann at the moment.

My pack of four weathered ones have arrived, but I'll have to wait until I finish work in the morning before I can play with them run them!

So far I have only had time to remove them from their boxes and tag them onto the end of a Speedlink service. They do look very nice...

Archived