New links for ex-Fotopic collections

keefer

• RMweb Premium

I have now finally decided I will reinstate at least some of my online photographic collection and so have gone down the Flickr road.

Not much railway related up yet, I have been concentrating on my Southdown area bus collections mostly so far, however the small collection of British Railways wagons of various types can be found here:

Hope they are of some use to someone, some of those patched and bodged OAA/OBA/OCA's are just itching to be modelled!!

EDIT - I have no idea whatsoever why some stupid in vision slide show has appeared on this post. I will see if I can find someway to disable it and just leave the link. :help:

Well I have taken the plunge at started a Flickr site. It will take rather a long time to sort it all out but at least I have started. All my digital pictures will need re-sizing as I am not putting 7mb pictures on it so it will take some time to do this. I am doing the slide scans first though as these can go straight on. Here is the link my new site

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've given up railway photography; just can't be bothered anymore. I won't turn out for passing steam specials and I won't be visiting anymore preserved railways. Had well over 1500 pix on my Fotopic site with over 250,000 visitors/hits since 2005. My shots were painstakingly composed and executed with much research going into the captions and info supplied. The feedback I received from viewers was fabulous. Then PHUT! and the whole lot has gone.

End of story.

Well I have taken the plunge at started a Flickr site. It will take rather a long time to sort it all out but at least I have started. All my digital pictures will need re-sizing as I am not putting 7mb pictures on it so it will take some time to do this. I am doing the slide scans first though as these can go straight on. Here is the link my new site

Brian

Late reply as I've been away.

In all my complaining about 'losing' my "Microsoft picture it" I was put on to Irfanview. It has many uses, including the ability to select entire files of photographs and resize them to a suitable width. Free download at http://www.irfanview.com/

If you are interested I should be able to explain how to do it, although it is quite straightforward.

Regards

Paul Bartlett

Hi Paul

I have found how to re-size folders in Photoshop so that is going gret guns at the moment. One thing though it does not like pictures with a # in the title, it seems to convert them but does not save them to your destination folder. I have been removing this from the titles and all is ok.

One draw back from all this Fotopics crash is that I have definatly put on weight sitting at this computer re-doing all these pictures onto Flickr :(

My fotopic site has been superceded by smugmug too.

craigmunday.smugmug.com

I've uploaded mainly the last three years for photos and the model railway galleries as these got the most interest. I'm slowly adding the vintage Cornish stuff too, but having to rescan some images. The captions are the most annoying to have to retype though.

Does anyone think a new host may be found, or is this a pipe dream?

• 1 month later...

Andrew Gardiner's signalling gallery has returned at: http://andrewjg.zenfolio.com/

Pretty comprehensive survey of 1970-80s GSW boxes, amongst other areas.

Andrew has a nice site there, Jamie. Thanks for highlighting it.

My own effort is at http://brucegalloway.zenfolio.com/

Got quite a few more shots to add and may well expand the scope in the future as developing the site can become quite addictive!

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

TInkering around, you get the same message for: anyrandomstuffyoutype dot fotopic dot net dot test dot pikfu dot com

and the same for: net dot test dot pikfu dot com

but nothing for just: test dot pikfu dot com

View source on the "unavailable" message doesn't yield any clues.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've almost finished uploading my digital photos to Flickr. Models can be found at:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/steves-travels/collections/72157626419973349/ .

Fotopic (www.fotopic.net/steves-travels) failed while I was away in Australia :stinker: but if you also want to see some my other travel photos please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/steves-travels/

ENJOY!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've finally started to load into Flickr the photographs I had on Fotopic. Also, due to a new negative scanner and the magic of photo-editing software, I've managed to recover some pictures that I'd lost or that were not printed when the films were originally developed. Additions to the collection will only happen slowly! http://www.flickr.com/photos/80572914@N06/

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Update to earlier posting

My fotopic site British Rail through the 70's and 80's has been moved to Zenfolio...all photos now uploaded and added too. Lots of new Medium Format negs mainly B&W have been added

Photos of nearly all the class 47's during the 70's and 80's...all the class 33's and 73's. New Motorail gallery

the link can be found here HERE

The very popular accident photos previously at fotopic on "Control we have a problem" have also been moved  and they can be found HERE.

All the captions have been restored...................I hope!  :)  if anyone spots any errors etc please let me know.

My website The rise and fall of cross country services to and from Brighton has had all the photos restored and many extras added and lots of paperwork relating to the XC services.

Please take a look and see what you think.