Bass reflex speakers. (now updated)

kevpeo

It's a bit spooky this has appeared in my recent topics, as I'm considering fitting the speakers in the tanks of my 37's and also rewiring the cab and rear lights for independent use without the switches! Lots of useful info for me here.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to drag up and old thread but would a sugarcane under the fan and a bass reflex in the tanks (in parallel) provide the best of both worlds?

The short answer is yes .

Most of my 37s' have a base reflex in the tanks, 1 of them has a bass reflex and a normal 20x40 under the fan grille.

The 20x40 seems to exploit the higher pitched sounds , e.g. guards whistle .

That particular sound sounds somewhat muffled with a single bass reflex .

Also a good use of the standard speaker that comes with the loksound , better to incorporate it than throw it away. 

Does any one know if the latest Bachmann 37s have a different wiring set-up? I've followed the 'red gate models' posts to the letter and got directionall cab lights that go out when it moves but at one end I have no tail lights or marker lights?

Edit - for anyone else who finds this thread, the settings are indeed correct, just make sure that the contacts which spring down on to the pub pads at each end are making good contact - after a lot of head scratching, this turned out to be the problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived