Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

Yank railroads sure are a sight for a Brit. In 2000 family & self went to California flydrive.

Don't forget Yankland is huge, hence large, long trains. Some of their freight trains, if in the UK would arrive before the back end had departed!!

http://128.173.197.94/railcamax.htm

Brit15

Actually you've managed to insult just about everyone over here with the references to "Yanks" and "Yankland". Yankees are only prevalent in parts of New York state, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. If you went to some parts of the USA and mentioned that they were "Yanks" you might well get into a lot of trouble particularly from large "gentlemen" in the South. Be careful about tarring everyone with the same brush, they may do the same to you......

Btw if you've been to California I wholeheartedly recommend going further down to Arizona and New Mexico - where the theme parks are totally natural!

Best, Pete.

Fostoria looking a lot clearer this evening! It now says Cam 1 (or something) we need Cam 2 at the big CSX crossing/junction.......hang on Horns!

UP POWER!

Best, Pete.

PS I asked and was advised that there will soon be a Cam 2 in the area (I hope at the big CSX junction/crossing).

Martyn, Yep, on the CSX. one caboose, one car, one loco. I could tell it was a wide view, no cupola and that was about it!

By the way the shunting locos on NS are SD40-2, high hoods, numbers are: 3322, 3324 and 3325. There may be one other.

Best, Pete.

A few moments ago there was a CSX GP38 shoving 4 covered hoppers, with a caboose at the head, sounding a WHISTLE as it went through the grade crossing. Now if that's not a model-able train I don't know what is. This webcam is a superb prototype resource, not to mention a tad addictive.

And glad that you found my NS loco numbers information useful Trisonic ;)

Apologies Trisonic.

Yank is a generic term we Brits use regularly. No offence meant, and your message is understood. Your all Americans from now on !!

Brit15

• RMweb Gold

Apologies Trisonic.

Yank is a generic term we Brits use regularly. No offence meant, and your message is understood. Your all Americans from now on !!

Brit15

Now you've offended me...I'm not 'a Brit', I'm English...... :D :D :D

A few moments ago there was a CSX GP38 shoving 4 covered hoppers, with a caboose at the head, sounding a WHISTLE as it went through the grade crossing. Now if that's not a model-able train I don't know what is. This webcam is a superb prototype resource, not to mention a tad addictive.

Yes , I caught that - I wondered what the whistle was at first. So , who's going to be first to model a caboose with a DCC whistle? B)

Oh, you're The Colonel? Sorry I had no idea you are on RMWeb too OK, one post. Welcome! Stick around - a great crowd on here.

Yes, thank you and your help must be acknowledged - I can't read the numbers on that Web Cam..............Many thanks!

They look great in the NS livery don't they?

Best, Pete.

Apologies Trisonic.

Brit15

No, just winding you up - actually I'm officially English but have an Italian Wife and a English/American/Italian daughter!!!!!

We cover all the bases..........

Best, Pete.

... not those of us who actually model US outline, we don't, <_< :angry: and want to keep on the right side of our US Resident RMweb friends, some of whom, as Trisonic has just pointed out, aren't actually American... :rolleyes: ;)

Once when driving a truck for a Welsh company's Midlands Depot, I was actually quite offended when some obnoxious upstart at a factory said "What part of Taffland are you from then..??"... I realised just how offended I'd have been if I was Welsh!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

/Rant Mode OFF

Oh, you're The Colonel? Sorry I had no idea you are on RMWeb too OK, one post. Welcome! Stick around - a great crowd on here.

Yes, thank you and your help must be acknowledged - I can't read the numbers on that Web Cam..............Many thanks!

They look great in the NS livery don't they?

Best, Pete.

Long time Lurker, first time poster :D Have been dabbling in UK N gauge for awhile, but after a few visits "Over There", some of the layouts I've seen on here, & a house move on the cards, feel HO Shortline calling.

Since the update the numbers on the NS lines are easier to read but on the CSX lines: that's another story. And I agree those High Hood Dash 2's in NS black have a certain something. Just have to work out who does the best model & sound. This webcam could prove expensive...

And typically my connection was flaky last night, it locked up for a couple of minutes, then reconnected just in time for somebody to say "ooh a CSX caboose, haven't seen that before...." :rolleyes:

Just before the web cam went south last night I logged in to find that I had just missed a train that someone said had been 10,000 feet long. Anyone catch that? What was it?

WebCam seems to be running fine at present.

The Colonel: I have to say I like "Dark Future" livery (and the like from CSX) but the simple Black and White livery (made complicated by how they make use of it) of NS is very classy and hard to beat for good looks.

Best, Pete.

Long time Lurker, first time poster :D

Is this also "the colonel" ex FMi by the way?

Ref SD40-2 with high hood models, there are two RTR options in HO - Broadway (full spec or "blue line" with sound, plus an 8-pin plug-n-play DCC version) or Athearn Ready-to-Roll (plug-n-play DCC)

I don't personally like the Broadway model in the looks department (I think it looks rather "clunky" and dated tooling-wise) - and I think the "blueline" versions are asking for trouble from a reliability/usability angle - the recent Athearn one is really nice looking by contrast but doesn't have the facility for "drop in" onboard sound so you're into removing weight to find speaker space and the like...you pays your money & take your choice!

Kato has recently done SD40-2s which do have drop-in sound capability but not high hood. Cannon does nose kits if you want to get into kitbashing...

Is this also "the colonel" ex FMi by the way?

*Removes glasses & false mustache combo* It is I. How are you? Promise not to pepper my posts with alliteration on here.

Cheers for the tip off regards the HO offerings. Have been trawling through the Model Junction website weighing up options. Regularly pick up Model Railroader & Trains (also Railfan & Railroad if I'm near the Victoria Smiffs) whilst commuting about south London for insight & inspiration. But found a few hours on the Fostoria railcam has been far more of a trigger to "get on with it". Will also have to look at GP38 & caboose options as well now.

Hi,

All quiet on Fostoria at the moment, so I can concentrate on finishing my warehouses.

The sun is shining here in Hogwarts County, the wife has gone shopping. It doesn't get much better than this.:rolleyes:

Have to go along with comments on those NS high nose EMDs, they look great and much cleaner than CSX.

Might have to hire in some power for Palmetto!:rolleyes:

Mal

Archived