Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

Discovered this cam a couple of days ago and not got much work done since! Think we can pretty much cover 'A prototype for everything' with this location. Now set as home page and finally found the reason why i have to monitors :yahoo: type/work on one screen, watch Fostoria on the other.

Anyone know of any progress on cam 2?

• RMweb Premium

It did not pass in front of the camera after all. However a special hauled by F units made up of 7 passenger cars (including a clerestory) did go through about 2 weeks ago. Everybody nearly missed it due to the web cam keeping going offline, the camera came back with seconds to spare but with no sound! Palpitations all round.chok_mini.gif

I've been hooked for week or two now. I only see an advert at the start of the sequence. The mixture of sound, everyday life and the on line forum are wonderful. I bet it's essential for house bound train fans all around the world. It must be a "blast" living near-by and hoping for a lay-in with all the train action and constant horn blowing - ear-plugs required I guess!

Dropped in for half an hour or so late last night, apocalyptic rain, flash flood warnings across the Willard sub, and lightning was taking out the signalling system every few minutes so trains were being talked past every signal...and the dispatcher was trying in vain to raise some poor signal maintainer who was out there trying to make it all work...

It got quite exciting at times - A kid was rushing across the rails obviously trying to get home whilst off to the right you could see the edge of the "Wall Cloud" with the greenish light underneath. It looked like a typical large "Super Cell" or "Mothership" - I'm not at all surprised that the sirens were going off!

Here's a clip (but from Australia) of a Supercell/Mothership T-Storm:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1499p903jWw

best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Cam has been down now for 24 hours? :help:

Cheers, Peter C.

Cam was operating up till 10 o'clock last night UK time at least. It is still only 06.20 over there and it is still a one man operation.

When you say "Sound" do you mean background noise or the radio chatter? The radio chatter comes from a different source. is why.

The video is probably just messing with your brain.

I'll check it out right now.

Best, Pete

Archived