Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

• RMweb Premium

I had problems getting in to the new site but I was able to re-register under a slightly different user name and password. However the chat room is down at present hopefully it will be up later today.

• RMweb Premium

The ads have killed it for me too. Now it's not like railfanning anymore, it's the like the TV and I hate the TV

flipping adverts flipping everywhere

Give a try at 'banking' time by clicking on the 'now' button at the top of the page when there is no action. It then tells you how long till the next ad, each time you do this it adds about 20 minutes to the time of the next ad. I am writing this during the ads so I am not losing any viewing time.

Wont stop embeded ads of this sort - not a pop up.

Embeded in video feed

Thanks

Actually Adblock Plus does, Phil...blocks it nicely using the "fanboy" filter subscription. I've had the new screen running for an hour with no adverts. I've been using Adblock with the 'fanboy' for a couple of years now and it's the best thing since sliced bread...

Wont stop embeded ads of this sort - not a pop up.

Embeded in video feed

Thanks

Trust me Phil, it does. I have never seen an advert on that cam since I started looking at it - I don't tend to suggest solutions unless I know they work.

• RMweb Gold

Trust me Phil, it does. I have never seen an advert on that cam since I started looking at it - I don't tend to suggest solutions unless I know they work.

Hi Martin,

In that case - it isn't working on my pc with Windows XP and IE or Chrome as the browser.!

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi Martin,

In that case - it isn't working on my pc with Windows XP and IE or Chrome as the browser.!

Thanks

The clue might be in here!

Use Firefox and install AdBlocker Plus

edit - Yep, can confirm it works in the above combination.

Yes, I've been caught by the Fostoria bug as well! :D

Thanks for suggesting this last weekend, just taken a look now. Seen 3 trains in about 10 mins - brilliant. Just getting deafened with some EMD thrash whilst editing yesterdays photos of Margam. Top!

jo

Every afternoon/evening here in the eastern US there's 3 or 4 Britons watching the camera...laugh.gif

I left it running when I went out yesterday. Got back; the screen was locked and there was a chat message from Craig! Sorry I missed you, man!

Best, Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived