SPA Completion in 4mm

Hello all!

This is the stage I have reached with a number of SPA wagons; basic Cambrian kit with new buffers and lamp irons with Bill Bedford bouncy bits.

post-125-0-89187300-1302263449_thumb.jpg

So basically I want to complete the wagons - this is where my ignorance of air braked stock comes in. I think most things I need (or can purchase) can be had from S Kits, but this is where I need help!

I think it'll cover the axle boxes and springs and hopefully parts of the air brake system, though I expect that the brake calipers and their supports will require to be fabricated.

Yes, the S-Kits Bruninghaus spring units are the right ones for this, with single link and parabolic springs. I'm fairly sure that he does the air tanks and Westinghouse distributors as well, and if he doesn't, Inter City Models definitely do.

If you can't get hold of Mr S Kits himself, don't forget that Brian at Shawplan keeps most of his stuff in stock.

HTH

James as far as I know it is the same as the OBA / OCA and it might be a dangerous assumption but you could look at the Bach OBA / OCA to get an idea of the basic layout. Alternatively I think the arrangement on the S-Kits Seahorse wagon should be the same (as long as was a conversion of an OBA or OCA and not from a VDA which I think their version is...) so you could see if you could get your hands on a set of S-kits instructions for that kit...

M

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived