New Transfer Range

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

I've just seen this mentioned on Nigel Burkin's blog, that Nainshire Model Suppliers are introducing a range of transfers for loco renumbering, with more details here

Looks like one sheet (priced at ??3.95) includes a couple of sizes of BR logo, a fair amount of each class number (probably too many tbh), and 10 of each other number (probably not enough), along with a load of OHLE flashes (in both pre and post 98 design), white tops panels and some small cab front numbers.

While I would say that it could have done with some of the tops panels in black maybe, and had more of the individual numbers (and less of the pre set class numbers) given that I find the more useful ones end up running out quickly (given how many locos have 0s and 1s in the number). It does look really good value, and I'm very happy to see new entries to the transfers market.

The first sheet is for Blue/Dutch/General Grey locos, and they have plans for Sectorisation, Large Logo and Inter-City sector locos along with a sheet for coaching stock.

Hopefully they will be successful and they will end up following this up with a more wide spread transfer range, theres certainly a lot of wagons out there which would benefit from made up tops panels for example, not to mention a fair few modern liveries for which logos arnt available.

• RMweb Gold
:) This is indeed good news I had to get sealion numbers & panels done to special order as cambridge transfers do steam era stuff only.fair enough as it's a hobby thing really.I will need to get transfers for numbers/panels & hazard warnings for 100 tonne tanks soon plus murco livery bits all will need to be made to order I guess.hope they do well.

Archived