Idle Speculation and the Hornby Announcement

Caledonian

These are the 00 models that I think might appear (Dukedog an almost dead cert and the J50 one I would buy three of, instantly!). This is based entirely on observations of the Hornby Magazine Calender, mind wink.gif

Outside bets are Hornby 009 models, and anything particularly Eastern Region this year. On one of the pics in the calender there's a green southern EMU(as Coachman stated above), could this be a case of Hornby jumping on the Bachmann bandwagon?

In any event, it's going to be very interesting to see what eventually appears. smile.gif

Despite not yet having a look at the Hornby Magazine calendar, I have a very strong feeling that it is green, it is electric, and it is southern based...

But, i shall not say much more as although i know that Hornby are intending to do this particular item of rolling stock might have been around once or twice to size it up- then again i could be wrong... even i have no idea of the 2010 models...

Only 1 week, 4 days and several hours hours to go till i find out if ive got my Local Lines Dogbox / 153biggrin.gif

just been and bought my copy with calender -plenty of steam things on the piccies but no D&E. sad.gif

cheers

mark

I must have extra pages.................. Third Rail EMU's pages 106-109, 2-BIL for Bay Street, pages 102-103, How to install third rail in '00' pages 100-101, Brickley Green south London D&E layout in EM pages 90-97, Dapol's Class 153 Review pages 72-73, Javelin EMU review and Taking the A-train on Class 395, pages 66-69, Bachmann CEP Arrives pages 64-65, and finally, Walford town Diesel layout pages 52-59.

Thought I'd picked up the wrong mag!

Larry

In line with some of the last postings, here's my final predictions for the Hornby Announcement;

1. Coaching Stock - (a) Re-tooled Gresley's to correct the well published errors. (b ) Air-conditioned Mark 2s (d,e or f) © LNER Observation Saloon (ex-Beavertail conversion)

2. Steam Locomotives - (a) LNER Gresley K2 (b ) LMS (CR) 439 Class

3. Diesel Locomotives - (a) Re-tooled Class 21 or 29 ( b ) Class 25

Okay it may well all be wishful thinking however time will tell!

Its Andy who I feel sorry for, maybe lock all posts till Boxing Day ;)

If it means Andy and the Mods get to enjoy an uninterrupted Christmas than I'd say yes to that. I'm sure we can all live without RMWeb for one day ...

• RMweb Gold

If it means Andy and the Mods get to enjoy an uninterrupted Christmas than I'd say yes to that. I'm sure we can all live without RMWeb for one day ...

You speak for yourself.. ;)

To give Andy a day off at Christmas on behalf of the RMWeb community I will get the frothing / moaning out of the way

Woo Hoo, I'll have 1/2/3 of those. (delete as appropriate)

Cor I wasn't expecting that.

I'll give that a miss, it's the wrong scale / region / era

Can't believe they've not corrected the tumble home/water tank filler cap/grills

It's 1/2/3/4/5 mm over/under scale

That's the wrong shade of green/blue/crimson/black/apple

Nothing in that list interests me, I wanted Southern Tasmania narrow gauge circa 1913

:D :P ;) :angry: :( :) :O

To give Andy a day off at Christmas on behalf of the RMWeb community I will get the frothing / moaning out of the way

Woo Hoo, I'll have 1/2/3 of those. (delete as appropriate)

Cor I wasn't expecting that.

I'll give that a miss, it's the wrong scale / region / era

Can't believe they've not corrected the tumble home/water tank filler cap/grills

It's 1/2/3/4/5 mm over/under scale

That's the wrong shade of green/blue/crimson/black/apple

Nothing in that list interests me, I wanted Southern Tasmania narrow gauge circa 1913

:D :P ;) :angry: :( :) :O

:lol:

Nice one! :)

I did enjoy Andy's update thread last year, but I agree with everyone else's comments that he of all the people on this forum, deserves the time off.

Have a great christmas Andy and we'll all try to keep the drool at an absolute minimum.

Unless Hornby do announce a P2, in which case I can't be held accountable for my actions while frothing ;)

• RMweb Gold

Found the calender (Hornby magazine).

One particular engine appears three times in that calender, so it must surely be a dead cert! :lol: I'll say nowt more than that, but it appears as an 0 gauge model and two 00 models in a very Western setting. Looking at the two 00 models, I'll eat my hat if it doesn't appear...

Having now got the 'Hornby Magazine' in question I've searched in vain for the loco class that appears three times and I can't find it :blink: However following the 0 gauge hint I got a 'Dukedog' - but it's the only one in the calendar although I have found a 'Duke' elsewhere, but just the one of each class.

Have I got a different calendar :O ?

• RMweb Premium

I may be missing something, but, given that Hornby Magazine has nothing to do with Hornby, I can't see why the contents of the Hornby Magazine calendar should provide any clue to future Hornby releases.

I've been wandering through an old locoshed book, trying to work out which ex-LNER classes would sell to GN, NE and GE modellers, and thus maximise the potential revenue. I came up with the K1, the J50 and the L1.

My no doubt wayward predictions for the 2010 announcement are: B17, 94xx, L1, 10000/1, Desiro and Collett coaches.

Dave.

Having now got the 'Hornby Magazine' in question I've searched in vain for the loco class that appears three times and I can't find it :blink: However following the 0 gauge hint I got a 'Dukedog' - but it's the only one in the calendar although I have found a 'Duke' elsewhere, but just the one of each class.

Have I got a different calendar :O ?

My apologies, I was making a little joke to the castle class. I wae referencing the dukedog class, mind...

I've been wandering through an old locoshed book, trying to work out which ex-LNER classes would sell to GN, NE and GE modellers, and thus maximise the potential revenue. I came up with the K1, the J50 and the L1.

Stick with these Dave... A few of us came to the same conclusion...smile.gif

Guest Max Stafford

If a J50 is indeed involved - which I think now is a real possibility, I do hope it's a completely new tooling and not a Railroad re-hash of the old Lima job. If so there will be room at this inn - Eastfield was home to a pair in the 1950s!

As for a K1, these fit perfectly my NE interests too. Again, a front runner as it has long appeared at the top of NE-oriented w*shl*sts.

All will no doubt be revealed, but I'm pretty sure that Dukedog's on the cards too. Not my area but it sure looks nice! :)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

er well, the only way I have ever heard them described involved no numbers at all - so you might be right :lol:

I think you are confusing them with the Class 22 Diesel Hydraulic. The Class 21/29's were definitely Diesel Electric.

No matter what is announced. Children of all ages will be

Delighting :D

Grumpy :(

Indifferent :rolleyes:

Seriously lets remember the true meaning of Christmas. Peace and Goodwill to all men

Thank you Andy and the Moderators for all the hard work they've put in through out the year to make rmweb a success.

• RMweb Premium

I may be missing something, but, given that Hornby Magazine has nothing to do with Hornby, I can't see why the contents of the Hornby Magazine calendar should provide any clue to future Hornby releases.

Dave.

Indeed! The calendar with Horby Magazine is images from recent layouts featured in the nagazine, so the chances of this giving any hints as to Hornby's 2010 announcements is, um, zero. :blink:

• RMweb Gold

I don't want green EMUs, I want MAROON ones with wrap round windows! (or at least ones that started life that way)

Andi

AM9 to us oldies, I think! They did have some presence, although I'm not sure I saw them in those days except at Liv St. Always felt they set the style-trend that was followed by the CIGs, VEPs etc, albeit those lacked the wrapped windows, but wrapped the seam at least.

Archived