Locomotive

georgeT

Hello, very new to O gauge after 40+ years in 00, tried building a few Parkside wagons and enjoyed it, so l thought l would try a loco, l bought a Haywood G6 southern tank 0-6-0, took me about 4 months to complete after about 4 or 5 complete strip down and start again, but l must say that l learned more about a steam loco, with brake block pulling rods and everything else, think l should have started this years ago georgeT[/font]

Hi George, and welcome,

We were all new to O gauge at one time, and somehow most of us started with a wagon kit, 'just to see what they were like'. Did you choose a Southern loco because you had already built Southern wagons (if that is what they are) or just because you liked the look of either the loco or the kit?

A lot of people start with a Connoisseur kit, what did you think of the Haywood one? Have you any photos to post?

Have you found the 'Roaring Forties' area yet, in Social Zone > Groups? Hopefully it will become a useful meeting place and resource centre, maybe see you there?

PoA

• RMweb Premium

Well done. I'm glad that another 00 modeller has seen the light. I started with a coach kit to put on the mantlepiece but after 2 weeks of building decided to go ino O gauge. I then needed a layout to run the coach on and another 7 to go with it plus the right locos to pull them. It took me some time but it's worth it.

Jamie

Archived