OO gauge Building Exterior Lighting ?

amdaley

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for information on where I can get suitable lights for the exterior of railway buildings in OO or N gauge in BR days. I have seen a few examples of yard lights etc but what I am looking for is the type of simple light you might find over the door of a signal box or entrance door to a goods shed etc.Anything I have seen seems very big for OO gauge so perhaps an N gauge light might be better if such a thing exists.

I was thinking of something like the ECKON EL10M which is currently available on E bay but the diameter of the shade is 8mm which works out at 24" in OO gauge which is far to big. If anyone has any ideas of a suitable alternative or suggestions on where I could find something suitable I would be grateful for their advice.

Cheers & Thanks.

A possible idea is to use fibre optics fed through the building to the underside of the baseboard where you could have a single light source for many buildings. After using fibre as data transmission rather than copper at one place the fibres are quite small compared to many that modellers use - ideal for N.

Have a look at Kytes Lights website. I have one of their White Shade lights over each road of my loco shed and I think they look "the business". They appear in the "lights 00 gauge" category. There is a link below (if it works). All the lights on my layout have been supplied by Kytes Lights and I have found them to be good value and reliable. www.kyteslights.com (Doesn't seem to work as a link so copy it into your search engine).

A possible idea is to use fibre optics fed through the building to the underside of the baseboard where you could have a single light source for many buildings. After using fibre as data transmission rather than copper at one place the fibres are quite small compared to many that modellers use - ideal for N.

I hadn't thought about fibre optics but it might be an idea.Thanks.

Have a look at Kytes Lights website. I have one of their White Shade lights over each road of my loco shed and I think they look "the business". They appear in the "lights 00 gauge" category. There is a link below (if it works). All the lights on my layout have been supplied by Kytes Lights and I have found them to be good value and reliable. www.kyteslights.com (Doesn't seem to work as a link so copy it into your search engine).

Thank you for the link.I will take a look.Cheers.

Archived