The Derby Line, Four Track LNER J6

dibateg

The V3 ? lurking off to left looks interesting  !!!!

D2594 was based at 52D Tweedmouth for a year or two shunting the yard there. I never used to take much notice of it especially if a Pacific or two were on shed

Edited by Silverstreak

Nice one Pete!

And so the weathering begins, here is the first pass, a lot more to do yet...

Excellcent weathering Dibateg. Very subtle. Do you do commisions on weathering?

Edited by MerseyMan

It's positively clean - you can still read both the number and the BR lion! :whistle:

Tony

if you are struggling to get it dirty enough then i have an austerity you can borrow to see how to really weather. Just call out "flying turd" three times, kick you heals and it shall appear. I have liked the builds.

Richard

Merseyman - thanks - yes I do weathering for money!

Jim - there is more grime to go on yet, but I'm always quite constrained on commissions, its easy to add more later if required...

Richard - nice to hear from you - yes I remember that Austerity with a shudder...

Regards

Tony

Now 92204 is ready for delivery, a couple of grab shots this morning. The lighting was not the best, too much contrast as the sun came round. 92031 is close behind, but the sun is taking me outside for other jobs.

post-6972-0-00711600-1429706669_thumb.jpg

post-6972-0-38038700-1429706717_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

92204 has been delivered to it's owner, but not before making a celebrity appearance with some 3D printed figures by Modelu ( www.modelu3d.co.uk ). Alan actually lives in my village, so that's rather useful.. I shall becoming a 9F driver in due course...

post-6972-0-07108600-1430654903_thumb.jpg

Edited by dibateg
  • Like 13

All that's missing are the oily streaks on the wheels where the oil from the main and crankpin bearings has crept out and down the spokes, plus the emulsified oil stains on the leading drivers from the inevitable leakage round the piston rod glands.

Otherwise, very nice, and pretty much how a working steam loco ended up looking - ultimately its job was to move loads, not look pretty.

Now, what's next to look forward to?

Jim

Thanks guys - the figures were almost straight from the printer.. I was restrained on the weathering as it was for a client - but thanks for the feedback.

Next - on the same theme.... a Crostie 9F...

• Like 2