Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Found another!  Same time, probably somewhere near Tamworth or Lichfield.  Looks like I must have thrown down my bike, grabbed my camera, ran into the field, pointed the camera in the right direction and hoped I got the engine before it completely disappeared!

post-11262-0-36623000-1450644016_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Found another!  Same time, probably somewhere near Tamworth or Lichfield.  Looks like I must have thrown down my bike, grabbed my camera, ran into the field, pointed the camera in the right direction and hoped I got the engine before it completely disappeared!

attachicon.gif203.jpg

Looking at the second photo, I wonder if that is also Tamworth station, given the new concrete fence and the water tower in both photos?

• RMweb Gold

Taken by me in my yoof.  Early 60s, just south of B'ham city centre.

attachicon.gif003.jpg

I felled that pole in the foreground in 1967. It also appears in the 6th photo about half way down this post, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/103821-can-you-identify-these-locations/page-23#entry2120454 it's the one behind the Clan at the signal. I recon you were standing at the top of the steps coming up from Lawden Road, which now forms the inbound section of Small Heath Highway.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2

Brian... I'm now pretty sure that the third of the 3 photos is of Tamworth High Level, and the second one Tamworth Low level... taken from the High Level station!

Signal Engineer... what a fantastic memory you have!!!  Can't work out where the other photo you mention is located, but, yes, that is Lawden Road in the photo, and I've since wondered whether I must have been 'trespassing'.  Totally changed now, of course! 

First time I've seen pit-props loade like that. As a child, I remember a set of sidings near where the Wentloog terminal now is, with rakes of wagons filled with props, stood between stacks of timber. The props were either sstood vertical, or slightly inclined, but not flat.

Very atmospheric image with the 2-8-0 and minerals in the classic industrial setting.

The swan neck streetlamp and Anglia van with the half bumpers parked in the street add to the period.

I must have experienced similar in Glasgow in early 60s but too young to appreciate the scene..we were more interested in big green engines..and of course

devoid of anything other than a Brownie 127 to capture the image..then there was the cost of film!

What is the loco facing the lower quadrants..ex GW?

Not too familiars with Brum..take it its ex LMS crossing ex GW lines.

Dave.

Edited by vitalspark

I'm gonna break the rules here and post a photo that could include a 16 tonner, but I can't be certain! 

Thing is, I like it so much for all the 'line-side interest', I really want to/ought to share it.  

I took it a few moments before the one in 2305, above, in the opposite direction.  Hope you like it... and can find a 16 tonner!!

post-11262-0-09628700-1451775706_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Just been reading through the Holman Compressors thread were this two images popped up. I think they are new to this thread.

15051056828_f426bf01c3_c.jpgRoskear Junction.1976. 47209. by Stephen Burdett, on Flickr

and:

https://flic.kr/p/qzGw7o

P

attachicon.gifXmasSmileSmr2.png

Evening 'P',

I wonder if you could guide me to Holman Compressors thread as I had an interest in them at one time in the seventies whilst I lived nearby!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Evening 'P',

I wonder if you could guide me to Holman Compressors thread as I had an interest in them at one time in the seventies whilst I lived nearby!

Kind regards,

Jock.

I would love to. I've just spent the last hour looking for it using the search facility. I couldn't find the thread I was reading but here is some links that were thrown up.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45553&start=75

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44911-roskear-north-crofty-junctions/

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/54008-roskear-branch/

Sorry I can't be much more help. In all probability, I'll find the thread when I'm not looking for it. If I do I'll let you know.

P

Evening 'P',

Kind regards,

Jock.

The load in that mineral wagon looks like it's made of shiny foam. Could it be fine scrap from milling machines? It looks to be too evenly spread to be coal.