Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, sb67 said:

You're welcome Nick, I like trying some of the military stuff as well. What was the Camo filter that you used, did that colour the paint or take a bit off?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The Camo Filter seems to thin the edges ever so slightly: it almost dissolves the paint. It seems to create a flaked effect in places too. 

Kind regards,

Nick.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Axlebox said:

...anywhere near here...

Dear Alfie,

Your'e 164.89 metres  (approximately) out of kilter. You're also in a different companies coal yard. It was also a thoroughfare.

The up scuttled 16tonner is at B.

Alfie & Millicent are at A.

EBAY is at C.

B683532-KINGS-CROSS-GOODS-YARD-VIEW-2_26TH-NOV-1947Aerial.jpg.e5dfa0bb07b0c07465c28622527b9fc5.jpg

Image is from.

They made a pretty good job of moving those gasholder frames across the canal. Hard to think their move went via Yorkshire.

LondonFeb2017-060-EditSm.jpg.def1d7f30f700c303caf47324d20779d.jpg

Blink and you'll miss more of the Kins Cross Drops at 3mins 50s.

That car chase was the trial run for and got the director the job for the Italian Job.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
To get my A's & B's in the correct order.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Dear Alfie,

Your'e 164.89 metres  (approximately) out of kilter. You're also in a different companies coal yard. It was also a thoroughfare.

The up scuttled 16tonner is at B.

Alfie & Millicent are at A.

EBAY is at C.

B683532-KINGS-CROSS-GOODS-YARD-VIEW-2_26TH-NOV-1947Aerial.jpg.e5dfa0bb07b0c07465c28622527b9fc5.jpg

Image is from.

They made a pretty good job of moving those gasholder frames across the canal. Hard to think their move went via Yorkshire.

LondonFeb2017-060-EditSm.jpg.def1d7f30f700c303caf47324d20779d.jpg

Blink and you'll miss more of the Kins Cross Drops at 3mins 50s.

That car chase was the trial run for and got the director the job for the Italian Job.

P

Not wishing to go off topic, I had a question about one of the photo's and started another thread.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/148108-what-is-here/

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think all of us who view this thread regularly, and the modelling a traditional parcels one, owe Metr0Land a big thank you for trawling through all those photos on Flickr to find shots of 16 ton minerals for us.

It must torture spending hours looking at train photos. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I think all of us who view this thread regularly, and the modelling a traditional parcels one, owe Metr0Land a big thank you for trawling through all those photos on Flickr to find shots of 16 ton minerals for us.

It must torture spending hours looking at train photos. 

Thank you that's very kind of you.  Torture for me would be having to watch Love Island, so hours on end of Flickr are a welcome relief!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some of you will have seen this view before but here is one of mine. 

Standard Bachmann. 

Rob. 

20190417_050956.png

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Some of you will have seen this view before but here is one of mine. 

Standard Bachmann. 

Rob. 

20190417_050956.png

Very nice Rob, one question, when you put different layers and colours on  with the powders do you seal every layer or just a light blast at the end?

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Evening Steve. 

Once happy, a light blast at the end to seal the powders. Once dry then further careful tweaking with a fibre brush. 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ummm ............ having just caught up with this thread - and fascinating it is too. Like all the weathering efforts - there's a lot for me to learn, I see.

May I ask if anyone did find the Cl.40? I didn't see an answer - or I missed it. My claim is it's in the top left hand corner, a little below the station clock with just its cab windows and roof visible peeking above the wall.

Cheers,

Philip