Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Tony,

you are so right regarding selfish people, they’re putting themselves and others at risk and jepordising the little bit of freedom people have. This situation brings out the best in people but also the worst. I’m very lucky,I have a big garden so can relax in it (if I wasn’t working!)I really feel for people who live in ‘tower blocks’ and don’t have any garden, it’s theses people who will be hit most.

Ive had ‘substance users’ complaining that service is slower than usual whilst an old(ish) gentleman offering to do some deliveries on his ‘pushbike’.

Anyway, I’ve managed to get a bit of spraying done outside earlier this morning. Nothing to show yet but I’ll post later but don’t hold your breathe they are only Parkside hoppers.They’ve been on my workbench quite some time and I hate having  too many projects on the go at once. 

Tony and everybody,

keep safe and ‘model for England’ ‘your country needs you’ to do this and stay in,

Robert

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

This is the plate on one of the two slope sided 1/100 diagram wagons that were at Bates Colliery as internal users in the mid 1980's.

B197246.jpg

Looking at David Larkin's recent book on Absorbed Wagons, it would appear this wagon had a sojourn in France before entering BR service.

Incidentally, quite a few of the 'slope-sided' minerals that went to France never returned, having been heavily modified to act as improvised ballast hoppers. The modification involved cutting new door openings in the side panels, and fitting additional side doors.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent selection today, Metr0.

Love the open doors, the Rats and especially the 20s with the over full ones. Send them out like that on an exhibition layout and wait for the 'knowledgeable' comments!

Kev.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

13 minutes ago, Axlebox said:

..looks like they were painted on the inside?

I thought we'd had our money's worth, out of Sugar wagons, sealed with Denso tape? but I do like a good repeat.

P

(and mr Becarfull sez anwser you're bl**dy telephone!)

Edited by Porcy Mane

4 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

I thought we'd had our money's worth, out of Sugar wagons and sealed with Denso tape? but i do like a good repeat.

P

...Yes Uncle P,  a repeat for the sheet cleat detail...

(If only I could get out more!)