Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

18 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Now that's exactly the look I want on my XPOs.  

jbf_Dornoch_13july59

...some more XPO (slightly off topic), but there are x2 16 tonners in the picture (Dornoch July 1959)

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 13

On 01/07/2020 at 19:54, Axlebox said:

jbf_Dornoch_13july59

...some more XPO (slightly off topic), but there are x2 16 tonners in the picture (Dornoch July 1959)

Interesting brake van. Is it an ex-NER V4? 

15 hours ago, jwealleans said:

More likely to be a Toad B, but it does look short.   It might be the angle it's presenting to the camera.

...looks like it was the resident brakevan for a while...

https://www.ambaile.org.uk/detail/en/27130/1/EN27130-dornoch-station-with-recently-arrived.htm

https://www.historylinksarchive.org.uk/picture/number2473.asp

mound_55053.jpg

They must have liked these vans as they appear to have had a bauxite one as well.

• RMweb Gold

BUFFET BRAKE could well be the Carlisle - Tinsley, 8E64 from a failing memory, it used to turn up in the early 70's with all sorts of strange things in it. I used to assume that the oddball stuff was to be worked to Doncaster or Derby works.

Mike.

JMB T58 47 Kirkconnel Fauldhead Colliery NCB 0-4-0ST No.3 Barclay No.1382 of 1914 12041968

Rust at Fauldhead colliery. The wagon on the right looks like its had an apprentice let loose on it with a spray can...meanwhile the 2 in the middle have been loaded in a most unrealistic manner...

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 13
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Really interesting photos with loads of detail.  Second shot 3rd wagon has been part resprayed, and the 4th is a riveted type without top doors, which may have 'Cond' painted on it.

In the first photo, the wagon next to the Andrew Barclay has had a two tone paint scheme applied for some reason, and I cannot see any evidence of a white end door indicator stripe on it.

11 hours ago, Axlebox said:

Rust at Fauldhead colliery

Nice loads of singles, doubles & nutty slack.

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

two tone paint scheme applied for some reason, and I cannot see any evidence of a white end door indicator stripe

Repainted replacement panels and the stripe  (door is facing us) is hidden behind the nearer wagon.

• Like 1