Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Any suggestions as to what the 16 ton minerals above the safety valves are ? They don't appear to have top doors, so I'm leaning towards LMS built ones, but i can't see any markings on them suggesting bottom doors. 

Llanelly shed 16 ton.png

Edited by gazer117
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That's a rather nice (slightly modified!!!) generic 6-wheeler there.

You should post that of the "Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge" thread too.

Great find.

Kev.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Pit props for Snow White's little helpers?

Illegal for pit props as only flat ends allowed. (Cap pieces needed top & bottom by law.)

Maybe her dwarfs were vampires too?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Metr0land,

Do you or anyone else know what kind of tank is behind the 76, my guess is some sort of chlorine tank or similar.

Gibbo.

Yes the STS Anhydrous ammonia working over to Immingham. There were various wagons written for various companies but the deep skirt would suggest it was this type https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/icianhydrousammonia/ee710857d 

Paul

• Thanks 1

On 09/09/2020 at 21:46, gazer117 said:

Any suggestions as to what the 16 ton minerals above the safety valves are ? They don't appear to have top doors, so I'm leaning towards LMS built ones, but i can't see any markings on them suggesting bottom doors. 

Llanelly_shed_16_ton.png

A very familiar scene, probably because this photo of 5037 on Llanelly shed, was taken on 8th August, 1963 by a good friend of mine, who still lives nearby, in Burry Port. I'll let him know that folk are sharing his photos.

• RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2020 at 21:31, Axlebox said:

AJPowell unsorted 01 470

B68916 is to be returned when empty to Brent (Mid)...apparently

The coach is one of the LMS 57 ft Kitchen cars with diesel-electric generators on board to power the electric cooking. I was reading about them the other night in the Essery and Jenkings LMS coach book, and they mentioned one of them was withdrawn very early on but not scrapped for a long time and remained in LMS livery.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

40141 Llandudno Jn

Llandudno Junction

60832. Dukeries Junction 1951.

Dunkeries Junction

63630. Tuxford North Junction.

Tuxford North Junction

72 08

Newcastle Emlyn

The Dukeries Junction shot is full of interest. Apart from a single slope - sided one, all the 16 tonners in shot appear to be the "cupboard door" type; I can't remember the diagram number.