Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Why not spend sometime on the Lickey incline, plenty of 16 tonners to keep you amused...and its not often you get to see what colour the railways actually were in the 1950s...I'd make your cup of tea first as may be here sometime. (have we seen this before?)

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESPOlWRIAN8&fbclid=IwAR3Fx0IyWpQ9k2ERRPvLEQXzfDy6-0Hc4Gl-mjlx8w5fR7mbJi3tg-DX3HA

...thanks to Stephen Emerson for posting this on 'The Clearing House' Facebook pages...another 12 minutes of shunting with 16 tonners, and a coke hopper with a supporting cast of various assorted vans and toads.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 73c said:

The timber planked inside of the Hymek is interesting.

Did Heljan replicate that correctly on their 4mm model?     ...with a nod to the current Heljan class 25 accuracy thread.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 73c said:

The timber planked inside of the Hymek is interesting.

4 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Did Heljan replicate that correctly on their 4mm model?     ...with a nod to the current Heljan class 25 accuracy thread.

Dunno about that, but there seems to be some planks buying them!

Mike.

6 hours ago, Axlebox said:

IPSOCScan-1144 Wherry Quay 1980s

...If Constable had of been a 20th century painter 

That's one for the "When the Real Thing Looks Like a Model" thread. Merco or Bilteezi card buildings, Airfix 16-tonner and a sheet of painted-on-the-back lavatory glass for the water ;).

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Are they a new species of grey P, or do you already have them in your collection?

You decide.  (A few metallics thrown in for good measure).

HumbrolGrays_032EditSm.jpg.33bfe80b9c3ab62d10bf50a2de2c57df.jpg

No matter what, I can think of a few that would contest they were the wrong grey.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The last Airfix/Dapol 16 tonner I built didn't get a grey base, I just painted the entire thing dirty black/brown. Then worked backwards by first removing some of the grime, dry brushing shades of (artists oils) grey onto the now patchy looking wagon. 

1 minute ago, w124bob said:

The last Airfix/Dapol 16 tonner I built didn't get a grey base, I just painted the entire thing dirty black/brown. Then worked backwards by first removing some of the grime, dry brushing shades of (artists oils) grey onto the now patchy looking wagon. 

In the real world the rust comes from beneath the paint.

• RMweb Gold
On 21/02/2021 at 14:04, Porcy Mane said:

You decide.  (A few metallics thrown in for good measure).

HumbrolGrays_032EditSm.jpg.33bfe80b9c3ab62d10bf50a2de2c57df.jpg

That looks about like my paint drawer, started when I used to paint camo patterns on aircraft kits with my son over 30 years ago. Those tinlets were good quality back then and can still be revived if they've been properly closed.