Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

A couple more pics.

1st is an internal user at the Turner Asbestos works at Farnworth & Bold on the Widnes to St Helens line taken 13/2/1982. The line to St Helens had been lifted through Farnworth & Bold station by this date though it wouldn't be officially taken out of use until April 1982!

post-6748-0-30875000-1337021924.jpg

2nd is a 16t min in Porthmadog goods yard, taken 13/7/1978

post-6748-0-51652400-1337021908.jpg

Finally, and slightly off topic, is this wooden wagon on a low level line at Garston Docks, taken 21/8/1978.

Notice the bracket on the end of the wagon - no idea what it was for!

post-6748-0-49117200-1337022222.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

hand of god required

http://www.wiganworl...ways&offset=600

Couple of decent NCB blokes would have them back on the road in about 10 minutes flat (genuinely; I have never seen anyone else achieve so much in the way of rerailing wagons with so little in the way of kit and at such a pace and usually without too much damage. Alas my rerailing methods usually involved a tad of dismantling but were at least quick, didn't break too much, and didn't use jacks but I wasn't even in the junior league compared with a good 'proper' breakdown gang such as Canton).

• Like 1

wagons on Chris Hewitt's clee hill incline layout Angelbank often look like that at the top of the incline if you dont stop the winch quick enough!

no ones mentioned the wooden wagon behind the 8f at Heaton norris yet so I will, does anyone know any more about it, I think ive seen one painted like that before but cant be sure.

no ones mentioned the wooden wagon behind the 8f at Heaton norris yet so I will, does anyone know any more about it, I think ive seen one painted like that before but cant be sure.

It does look familiar. Does the second line say 'GLASS WORKS' ?

Hornby used to make a model of the same wagon (and number).

The one I have was by Lima. It was in a cheap set I bought for my kids many many years ago! It appears to be a good representation of the livery, but is a typical RCH wooden mineral with side and end doors and steel frame, whereas the prototype is a tippler. Bright red, white stripe no. 1928.

Paul Bartlett