Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

• RMweb Gold

think the diesel shunter in the Brinnington shot above is a LMS jackshaft, maybe heading off to the scrap yard.

Good spot.

I was just working on identifying it.

Of the first batch it can only be either 12007/14/15/18/19, although all were cut up in various parts of Rotherham by 4/68, so the date of 30/4/68 to be being towed there is a bit late I think.

Of the second batch 12026 is the only possibility, but the same facts and figures as above apply.

All in all, interesting and requiring further research.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Although I'm not sure what this has to do with 16ton minerals, this is an interesting photo. The train appears to have a number of recently repainted (and in the case of the 2 door wooden mineral and the Low ) totally resheeted wagons. I assume they have recently visited the reasonably local Shildon works?

Paul Bartlett

• RMweb Gold

Although I'm not sure what this has to do with 16ton minerals, this is an interesting photo. The train appears to have a number of recently repainted (and in the case of the 2 door wooden mineral and the Low ) totally resheeted wagons. I assume they have recently visited the reasonably local Shildon works?

Paul Bartlett

Counting 5 wagons forward from the brake van, is this not a 16T?