TMC Farish Announcement May 2011

tmc

Hope you've all had a nice weekend :) Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.

To place an order please just call us on 01947 896040. What we do is we take down all your contact details and payment details too. However your card will not be debited until we actually have the model in stock on our premises. This is how we always operate so customers don't have to worry about having money upfront. I agree that release dates can be erratic but we will be pushing like mad to have these on time :)

Hope you've all had a nice weekend :) Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.

To place an order please just call us on 01947 896040. What we do is we take down all your contact details and payment details too. However your card will not be debited until we actually have the model in stock on our premises. This is how we always operate so customers don't have to worry about having money upfront. I agree that release dates can be erratic but we will be pushing like mad to have these on time :)

Brilliant :drinks: . I'll pre order 2 then, won't be able to phone til tomorrow though B)

• RMweb Premium

Orders are coming in like crazy. A big thank you to everyone who has already placed a pre-order :)

Kind regards,

Chris and the rest of the team at TMC

Could somebody please confirm the timescale which 37027 in this livery represents?

Thanks in anticipation.

Could somebody please confirm the timescale which 37027 in this livery represents?

Thanks in anticipation.

37027 Loch Eil - A Brief History

Sep 1961 - Released from EE Vulcan Foundry as D6727

Sep 1961 - Allocated to Stratford

Aug 1969 - Repainted into Standard BR Blue livery

Feb 1974 - Renumbered to 37027

Oct 1981 - Named 'Loch Eil' at Glasgow

Apr 1985 - Repainted into Large Logo BR Blue livery

Feb 1987 - Name 'Loch Eil' removed

Apr 1987 - Renumbered to 37519

Feb 2008 - Officially Withdrawn

Mar 2008 - Cut up at CF Booth Rotherham

thats quiet easy, you posted the answer in your last post, repainted large logo april 85 and then renumbered 37519 so its a 2 year perion since when it was renumbered it emerged in railfreight grey livery in april 87 so time scale is 2 years

37057 carried large logo till 1996 when it was repainted ews livery and the unoffical mame 1989 to 1996

• 1 month later...

As discussed when you first posted this there is a fine line between something that's newsworthy and using the forum for (unpaid) advertising. Please don't cross the line again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Stu,

I have 2 of these on order and spoke to Chris at Warley when he told me that he had signed off on either the artwork or the painted samples (to be honest and you know Warley i cant remember which), but i would have expected an update / pictures here soon after that time.

Hope that helps a little?

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave;

Thanks for the insight...at least it shows some progress is happening.

The loco was originally advertised for October then 'late 2011'.......so now that it is 2012, I would suggest some visibility of its imminent (or not) arrival. I'm sure you agree that keeping the customer informed and 'onside' is the best policy!!!

And yes, I believe two are coming my way too!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys;

Looks like 37027 will be with us fairly soon.... however, there are a few detail errors...the nose doors and headlight are wrong, but we knew that anyway as it is using the tooling for 37035. I can live with that!

The main issue is the omission of the yellow band at the top of the cab windows between the black bonnet & window frames and the grey roofline. I have e-mailed TMC about this and the pics on the TMC website have been confirmed as a paint sample. I have also been assured that if the production versions arrive like this, then they will consider reinstating the yellow divider line at dealer level as they have a paint & weathering workshop available to them.

Model Pic...http://www.themodelcentre.co.uk/371-466z/prod_209.html

Real Pic...http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwatch55013/4662921109/#sizes/l/in/photostream/

(with credit duly given to the photographer, John Webster)

Although I hope Bachmann/Farish provide the finished product correctly painted, I believe that TMC are to be applauded for reacting positively to the fault instead of saying 'like it or lump it'.

I'm still awaiting further info on this model from TMC...(I have ordered two...for now!!)

Later;

STU from EGDL

Hi Guys...

NEWS JUST IN...

Chris from TMC has been in touch to say that Bachmann have been info'd of the paint error and they have subsequently issued an instruction to China to modify the finish.

Hope it gets through in time......

Kudos to TMC for swift action!!!!

My order for two locos remains intact!!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

Looking at the TMC website pics, I really hope thats a crude sample. A bit more yellow and you might not see any nose detail.

025 & 035 would be candidates for sealed doors in LLB but really this isn't that great.

Did we know that DCE 37035 was to be the tooling base? I didn't!

The reason I pre-ordered two was for the fact this was punted extensively on this thread as 37027 ltd ed. Something not available, Not a bunch of compromises for which we have all slated suppliers for making in the past.

mmmmm.

Hi Westie;

Have a look at post #2...

Maybe I just made an assumption based on what was available at the time.

Looks like it panned out that way though.

I find it hard to believe (although never say never) that Bachmann would modify the tooling for a Ltd Ed.

Later;

STU from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

I find it hard to believe (although never say never) that Bachmann would modify the tooling for a Ltd Ed.

Later;

STU from EGDL

Hi Stu,

It depends on quantities, and on the tooling. The tooling for the Queen Mary brake van and LMS Saloon was started exclusively for the NGS, but we had to order 3000 models and that is for a complete vehicle.

Depending on how the Farish 37 tool breaks down it may have been possible to justify modifying (or cutting anew) the slide for the nose ends to reflect the detail that is appropriate for this Ltd Ed.

cheers

Ben A.

Got to say after seeing the prepro shots on the website i'm reconsidering my order. Just don't think that £100 for a repainted standard loco is good value (and i'm saying that as I could have repainted a standard loco for less myself)- could have just about lived with the missing yellow but the headlight blows it for me. Side on shots look v v nice but the front end just doesn't look right for a WHL loco.

Why not make it 37057- at least this had that style of headlight in LLB but to get the hopes up by picking a scottish beast like '27 then putting incorrect headlights on it is pretty poor. And it does beg the question: if we are getting a standard 37 in a different colour then why is it running 6 months+ late? I would have been happy with the delay if it had been because the extra time had been taken to put the details right!

Mmm- time for a decision... :scratchhead:

And one more thought!!!! TMC respray and customise models- why hasn't there been a resprayed 37035 representing 37027 as a ltd ed on their website? The suspicious part of me says its because a lot of modellers wouldn't have ordered if they'd known about the compromises and the gorgeous shot of '27 at Oban would get the juices flowing much more than an inaccurate model...

Hi Ben;

Possibly, the slides are made to reflect the different nose ends...it would be the sensible way.

Perhaps the intricacies of the nose door & headlight criteria were, just maybe, not given an important enough consideration given the bigger questions that were going round ref livery, number, nameplates, snowploughs etc etc.

Regards;

STU from EGDL

Hi Guys;

Been in almost constant dialogue with Chris & Alex at TMC. They have been in touch with Bachmann and Bachmann have been in touch with China. Chris has just given me permission to share the latest artwork received from Bachmann for the Ltd Ed 37027....

Later;

STU from EGDL

post-6763-0-55860100-1331910516_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately I have cancelled mine (2 on order) based on the production shots as I have neither the time nor the inclination to alter the model to bring it up to spec, and although I love Mercig's work I don't want to have to pay twice to get both the decoration and the detail remotely correct.

As people are always telling me when I goof, there are simple ways of checking it all, and google in this case is definatly your friend.

I'm afraid I'm out, on this one. What a shame. :-(

Dave

Archived