7mm O Gauge Modern Colour Light Signals

Pete Harvey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Howard Smith of BRM is building one of the 7mm Colour Light Signals as a review for BRM's August issue on his Blog.

Pete

And confirms that they look the business! A highly recommended kit, with clear instructions giving fantastic results. The three aspect was built in a day - for such a quality product, what more could you want?

And confirms that they look the business! A highly recommended kit, with clear instructions giving fantastic results. The three aspect was built in a day - for such a quality product, what more could you want?

Two, for my current track plan...

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, Peter, those signals are excellent. Bit out of my period though. (Damn!)

Can I just make a suggestion? Using resistors to dim white LEDs is problematic, they seem to stay too bright whatever you do, but a simple dimmer can be made with a 555 timer chip and a handful of other components. I'm quite happy to provide more details if anyone wants 'em.

Cav

I still have the 4mm etched signal that you built for me there was a lot of interest from a club in Halifax about them using them on a new club layout they were building I sent them a spare set of test etches to try but never heard back from them.

Chaz

Thank you for your comments the feather and sub signal are bright, I'm sure that those who buy the signal kits from C+L Finscale will be able to sort out any issues with brightness when they obtain the led an components needed to illuminate the signals.

I just built the one in the video to show that it could be done.

Please email me as I would like to discuss your suggestion further?

Pete 

• 2 years later...

Archived