First Avenue

Rammy

Yesterday I decided to make a start on the parking area at the back of the layout. Up to now this was just smooth(ish) grey filler and just looked like the other concrete areas around my layout. Having seen the idea on another thread, but I must apologise for not remembering which one, I thought I would try some chinchilla dust to create a gravel look.

Dave

Glebe Road Junction I believe it was.

Is that a challenge Peter? lol

I might just look at recreating that scene although that photo has highlighted a few extra details I still need to add next to the building like the little shed and gas tank.

On another note, if any of you are Facebook users, you can now follow First Avenue by following the link in my signature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well another year has passed and still no mojo! I am therefore considering selling the incomplete layout so that hopefully someone will take it on and finish it and my work over the years doesn't go to waste. Would anybody realistically buy an incomplete project? If so, how do you price it? I guess really there isn't that much value to it other than the track and point motors (that are partly wired), it was just my time which was for my enjoyment. I will probably keep most of my stock for now, just in case.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Dave

Well another year has passed and still no mojo! I am therefore considering selling the incomplete layout so that hopefully someone will take it on and finish it and my work over the years doesn't go to waste. Would anybody realistically buy an incomplete project? If so, how do you price it? I guess really there isn't that much value to it other than the track and point motors (that are partly wired), it was just my time which was for my enjoyment. I will probably keep most of my stock for now, just in case.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Dave

Dave, there are several Layouts on E-Bay so a part built might sell, or just keep plugging it here maybe on Buy and Sell.

All the best with whatever you decide.

• 1 year later...

Dave

Just found this thread and read it from start to finish - just to say that I liked your model very much, and has given me some great inspiration, given my liking for Freightliner traffic but totally lacking the space (or funds) to replicate such amazing layouts as "Warren Lane". (My plan to create an "Inglenook" style shunting puzzle layout using container wagons now simply seems ludicrous - why shunt wagons to get containers in the right order when far cheaper and easier to simply lift the containers off the wagons and rearrange?!) I am guessing you sold your layout long ago, but I hope you won't be offended if I end up copying it - imitation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery!

Hope you refound your mojo - mine has been dormant for 30 years!

Steve S

Archived