First Avenue

Rammy

Just to show that my progress has continued, I painted and weathered the beams today before gluing in place. I just need to keep up the momentum this week and get the internal walls done.

20130106_233233.jpg

20130106_233205.jpg

Dave

Just to show that my progress has continued, I painted and weathered the beams today before gluing in place. I just need to keep up the momentum this week and get the internal walls done.

All looking really good Dave - just make sure you don't get distracted on a helix for Chadwood.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rammy, had a rare daytime run down to Maritime today, even more rare to drop a train off opposite the fuel point.  Managed to get a quick photo in, had I have thought , I would have taken some more detail shots for you, but there were a couple of 'officials' walking about.

Hope this is of interest.

I didn't even make a note of the number, but this is a poorly Jocko on the fuel point - engine room doors were open on the other side and just before I took the picture, it was 'clagging' very well:

post-7044-0-51787800-1358784909_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI Dave,

The shed is starting to look nice. What materials are you using to construct it? Looks like printed card overlaid on wood?

Guy

Thanks Guy. The design is printed on paper and stuck onto 1mm and 2mm Finnboard. I've used this stuff for a while now and really like it as it doesn't seem to warp as easy as normal card.

Hello Dave,

Its been a while since I last had a look at First Avenue. Superb work on the scratchbuilt shed!

How did you create the backscene? Is it a photo or is it a off the shelf item?

Regards

Lewis

Thanks for the comment Lewis. The backscene over the bridge is actually screenshots taken off Google Streetview from the real First Avenue bridge in Southampton.

I will try and update the thread with more pics this weekend as I have made a start on the roof now.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Hi Scott

The honest answer is, it isn't!

Time just seems to be flying by and I have lost my interest at the moment. I think I need some good weather and some free time in order to get the layout out and dusted off. Enjoying an occasional visit on here to keep up with yours and other threads though. Hopefully I'll find my interest again shortly, maybe after the Derby show in May.

Dave

See you at Derby!

Cheers,

Mick

Looking forward to seeing your layout Mick. It's right up my street with all of ts modern image stock, so may just be the one to get me motivated again.

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to seeing your layout Mick. It's right up my street with all of ts modern image stock, so may just be the one to get me motivated again.

And I'll have my sponsor form wth me.................

Cheers,

Mick

20130106_233233.jpg

20130106_233205.jpg

Dave

In the words of the great "Alan Partridge" lovely stuff

HI Dave,

Sorry for the delay in relpying. Glad all is well, I've had many moments where I lose my interest. The problem I have when I get it back is to change era or track layout!!

I'm sure Mick will bring you "back in the room".

Cheers

Scott

• 1 month later...

I'm back!

Finally, after getting some inspiration recently at the great Derby Show and following all of my favourite layouts on here, I dusted off the layout today and got it out of the shed. Whilst it was a nice day I decided to sand down some of the concrete area and used my dremmel to cut out the tracks where I had forgotten to create the groove whilst the filler was still wet! :-(

The shed is almost finished now. I have not stuck the roof down yet as I was not 100% happy with it, but I think it will have to do for ow so I crack on with other things on the layout.

No photos today, bt I will try and take a couple tomorrow to show where I am at. Probably wont look too different from my last photo really!

Anyway it's good to be back and I will try my best to keep going now, although I might get slightly distracted if my plan to build a 3D printer goes ahead soon!

Thanks for looking

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I'm back!

Finally, after getting some inspiration recently at the great Derby Show and following all of my favourite layouts on here, I dusted off the layout today and got it out of the shed.

No photos today,

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to the photos. 

Cheers,

Mick

Grabbed a couple of pics today after some more filling and sanding on the first board.

As I said before the roof of the shed is not yet finished. I actually noticed today I have forgot to stick on the sheet for the underneath of the roof which will hide the window edges on the inside.

20130526_174256_zpscece0a29.jpg

20130526_174332_zps7739dae1.jpg

Just marking out the second board now for where the fuel point and the red "phone box" hut will go, ahead of starting to lay the concrete.

I then need to decide what will go in the big empty space to the right hand side. In reality this would be a grass & tree bank up to the car / van storage yard. I will make the bank but may use some modelling licence and actually store containers up there instead.

Dave

Archived