2011 Diorama Challenge Announced

Andy Y

I think there's a hat going into the ring here. Since getting heavily involved in a club layout I've done nothing on a barely started layout at home, and other ideas have been tempting me. A micro / diorama could be the fix I need to get me working on stuff for home.

The problem now is to work out which idea is achievable, both in time and space.

Interesting. Tempted. But, the narrow gauge bit of the layout plan I've been thinking of/researching with Natalie can't be entered as i've discussed the plans here? (no physical work of any kind done though). But might be fun to do something else all the same.

Kelly

The 'module' should be presented as not exceeding the 20" x 11" but if you wish to design it in such a way that additional off-scene areas can be integrated after the deadline then that is fine. Anything outside the 20" x 11" cannot be included for judging purposes.

Sorry to seek clarification on this - can the diorama be a 20"x11" part of a larger baseboard? I'm thinking from simplicity that I'd like to keep everything on a single board, rather than have 3 boards for a 4' long setup...

Oh, and yes, this is definitely going to be a challange - I'm thinking of using it to experiment with home-made track, in N-gauge...

The 20" x 11" should be an independent unit capable of being displayed as such.

You could, of course, integrate it into a larger project after completion.

Hope that helps,

A

Ideas.........never tried a Diorama before but i have a couple of Australian N loco's that have no home anywhere else so may have to give this a go for them. Just wish i knew where i've hidden the damn things to start building a diorama around!

Is there no additional missions with this challenge like 'include as many 20 and 11 references as possible'?

• RMweb Gold

It can be as much of a figment of your imagination as you wish.

I that case I hunbly submit my entry totally "In your imagination" á la Museum of the Imagination from CBBC's award winning comedy show "Sorry I've got no Head"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011770c

As you will see the level of detail is unsupassed for a T gauge model of Nottingham Station in the '30s :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

I might give this a go, what the heck. The challenge here for me is not to produce something original, but to actually create something! blink.gif

Only if they were two separate entries as you'd be exceeding the 20" to display the diorama.

Ahh I think that answers my next question... If I finish my first and am bored.. can I do a second (or even third) entry? :-D

• RMweb Gold

Ahh I think that answers my next question... If I finish my first and am bored.. can I do a second (or even third) entry? :-D

You could always build a module for the SWAG party next April...