Welcome to the O Gauge Modular Layout Group

Jack

This is by way of a welcome to the O Gauge Modular Group. This was the RMWebMO sub-forum before the introduction of the groups.

The plan is to create a modular system in O Gauge. Each module is joined by a simple track bridge - the rules for this can be found here.

Why? Because I'm sure there are many on here who wish to dabble in O but don't have the space for a full size layout. If we can get a few modules together then hopefully at future events such as the RMWeb meet or SWAG, we can put together a reasonable sized layout from our individual modules.

Jack

• 2 months later...

Jack,

Sounds like a great idea, seems a shame that there does not seem to be a great deal of interest. :(

I'm not exactly clear on the standard and just a question, had you considered the gauge o guild standard for modular boards? It may had made the modules more useful, but I suppose it does not matter a great deal if 'middle' boards are built.

I'll follow your progress with interest.

Edit. I've read all the posts now :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great idea, seems a shame that there does not seem to be a great deal of interest. :(

Yeah, but it is o guage, so the pool we are drawing on is much smaller than the OO modular project! [optimistic mode] We'll get there though [/optimistic mode]

I'm not exactly clear on the standard and just a question, had you considered the gauge o guild standard for modular boards?

I certainly did. However, there were three draw backs to the Guild's approach ... firstly, it required much better carpentry skills to produce the connections, it was more Freemo than NTrak. Secondly, it didn't take off! The scheme is quite old, but as far as i could find, the only people using it were the East Kent group, and I think they are about to scrap their last remaining module. Lastly, it was for a double track connection, which the poll suggested might put people off.

I'll follow your progress with interest.

By building a module ;)