Welcome

PLD

Welcome to the Trams & Tramway Modelling Group!

The intention is to build on the content of the Tramways special interest forum and encourage more modellers to think about tramways as a modelling subject. The hope is that a one-stop dedicated group may also encourage a few more who are only interested in trams and not other railways, so are not currently members of RMWeb to join in.

An early aim is to provide a list of links to other tram/tramway related content elsewhere on RMWeb that could be easily overlooked, but we will leave it to the Author to decide whether they want content moved into the group structure or to leave content where it is and provide a link from here.

So now it’s over to you…

• Like 1

Well there's my blog, which previously never featured in the Tram and Tramways section, I think I'd prefer to leave it where it is as there's quite a few links to it here and there

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/172-the-grime-street-blog/ . I suppose the favourite would be to start a thread here that's updated when the blog is, that might work as a 'catch all'?

For completeness here's a link to the original 'Grime Street' thread, hopefully you may see a bit of progress over the last couple oif years!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=34681

• Like 1

Good idea to encourage the tram side of things. I think with the new model trams coming onto the market there is more scope to make models of them. Also with the extensions in Birmingham and Manchester as well as the new system in Edinburgh there is the real life prototype making a comeback in the UK!

I am currently researching a tram scratchbuilding project of a rather obscure system based in France (it was dismantled in the late 1940's!). If you think it might be interesting I will happily post updates about this project on this section rather than on my blog (which really does not get a huge following, but I do enjoy writing it!).

Stephen

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Tramfans, I have only just started with 'n' gauge Typhoo Trams and was greatly inspired by a group from Kent who posted a superb video on 'You Tube'. the info' they gave was a very welcome addition to the info' i try and find from as many sources as possible. So if anyone knows the group i am talking about please help me to get intouch with them. I would also be thankful for any assisstance to promote the hobby.