Southern / BR(S) Layouts

Graham_Muz

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have just updated the OP to include FerriesDover's layout of Dover. I am sure there must be a coup[le more SR / BR(s) layouts I have missed fo if you spot any let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As per my signature a new project which already has its own layout topic is under way.  Beer and Branscombe is a two-stage build (one stage per location) with the boards under way for the Beer section, points being wired as I speak and tracklaying due within the next week.

Branscombe will follow about two years later after the Beer section has been fully developed.

The "what if" scenario extends the Seaton branch by a mile or so to Beer with a single track extension cut through massive hills to link it with Seaton and Exmouth upon which Branscombe is a mid-point.  An assumption is also made that the intended Dorchester - Exeter coastal line was built meaning trains can approach from Waterloo via Salisbury or Bournemouth including live 3rd rail electrics on the latter route.

Link here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63424-beer-branscombe/

• Like 1

The "what if" scenario extends the Seaton branch by a mile or so to Beer with a single track extension cut through massive hills to link it with Seaton and Exmouth upon which Branscombe is a mid-point.  An assumption is also made that the intended Dorchester - Exeter coastal line was built meaning trains can approach from Waterloo via Salisbury or Bournemouth including live 3rd rail electrics on the latter route.

Link here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63424-beer-branscombe/

This I gotta see, given the terrain in the area, the civil engineering needed to build such a line, between Seaton and Branscombe, full size would be such a task that expense would hugely outweigh demand. :O

Off back to the 'Fountain' for more ale. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul

I do not know how links to your splendid threads got overlooked, I apologise for that. OP now duly updated. I would recommend a look at Paul's external website linked via his signature too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Celticwardog

Hello

I have found my way here from a freind of yours Graham and would kindly request I get added to the sticky. Link in sig.

Ta in advance. Lee

Can anyone explain to this computer nerd, or direct to suitably idiot friendly instructions, how to put my developing SR layout "Bardown Road" on here with a view to getting advice and encouragement, please?

Thanks

Peter W

Simples. Ask Graham!

PB